Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Limitation/UARS and BiPAP
RE: Flow Limitation/UARS and BiPAP
(07-21-2014, 12:44 PM)PaytonA Wrote: With my vast lack of knowledge regarding dental appliances, whether of the TMJ or OSA variety, what I have read here by some other posters makes me wonder if it would not just add an extra complication for those who are mouth leakers or breathers.

Yeah, I guess the only to find out if it'll work for me is to spend the money on it and see what happens.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2014, 08:04 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-20-2014, 06:27 AM)car54 Wrote: Last night, just for the heck of it, I set my machine back to apap with the lowest amount of pressure and I had about 200 occurrences of breathing problems. Obviously I will switch the machine back.

Set it back to what?
I have a Remstar auto A flex by PR. It is in cpap-check mode with the C-flex + feature which reduces the pressure while exhaling.
There are 3 degrees of pressure relief in the C-flex feature and I have it at #1. My base pressure is set to 10. All I know is that since switching from the auto-cpap mode my rera's have been very low.
Brad

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 07:20 PM)car54 Wrote: I have a Remstar auto A flex by PR. It is in cpap-check mode with the C-flex + feature which reduces the pressure while exhaling.
There are 3 degrees of pressure relief in the C-flex feature and I have it at #1. My base pressure is set to 10. All I know is that since switching from the auto-cpap mode my rera's have been very low.

Hi car54,

What were the settings when on APAP mode?

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 10:30 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 07:20 PM)car54 Wrote: I have a Remstar auto A flex by PR. It is in cpap-check mode with the C-flex + feature which reduces the pressure while exhaling.

Hi car54,

What were the settings when on APAP mode?
10 was the low and 13 was the high. Nothing more then straight apap. Anything above 13 seemed to leak which interrupted my sleep.

It is only through sites like this and playing with my settings that my results have improved.

Post Reply Post Reply
Before switching to Aflex my apneas and hypopneas were low but my rera's could be up to 40 a night. Last night I had no apneas or hypopnea and only 5 rera's. The Aflex pressure is set at 10 but it has a range between 7 and 13.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 05:16 AM)car54 Wrote: The Aflex pressure is set at 10 but it has a range between 7 and 13.

Hi Brad,

The A-Flex setting can be 1, 2, or 3. That's a comfort setting and is of secondary importance.

The pressure range is more important, and it sounds like you have a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 13. But I don't understand your reference to 10.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 11:26 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 05:16 AM)car54 Wrote: The Aflex pressure is set at 10 but it has a range between 7 and 13.

Hi Brad,

The A-Flex setting can be 1, 2, or 3. That's a comfort setting and is of secondary importance.

The pressure range is more important, and it sounds like you have a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 13. But I don't understand your reference to 10.
10 is what the machine is set to, but on the sleepy head software it shows a range from 7 to 13

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 12:05 PM)car54 Wrote: 10 is what the machine is set to, but on the sleepy head software it shows a range from 7 to 13

Hmmm... That's weird. Which PR System One do you have?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-Machine
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 05:35 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 12:05 PM)car54 Wrote: 10 is what the machine is set to, but on the sleepy head software it shows a range from 7 to 13

#560 series 60 remstar auto

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 12:05 PM)car54 Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 11:26 AM)Sleepster Wrote: The pressure range is more important, and it sounds like you have a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 13. But I don't understand your reference to 10.
10 is what the machine is set to, but on the sleepy head software it shows a range from 7 to 13

and

(07-23-2014, 04:42 AM)car54 Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 05:35 PM)Sleepster Wrote:

#560 series 60 remstar auto

car54,

Which version of SH are you using? And what kind of a computer are you using? And where in the SH program are you seeing the pressure settings being reported as 7-13? In the statistics page or in the daily data pages?

And what do the daily data pressure graphs look like?

Finally, can you confirm what your PR System One Series 60 APAP's therapeutic settings actually are? Go into the clinical menu and find the following settings:
  • Min Pressure
    Max Pressure

Also, are you using the RAMP at all? If so, you also need to look at the Starting Ramp Pressure setting.

Once we have all that information, I may be able to help you figure out what's going on in the SH reports.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 42 3 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 37 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 819 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: gzaw
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 22 447 03-17-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 452 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 5 142 03-16-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 141 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.