Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Limitations not scored properly in "S" mode? OSCAR 1.3.0
Flow Limitations not scored properly in "S" mode? OSCAR 1.3.0
Hi all,

My first night in "S" mode so that I can get lower EPAP (compared to VAuto range that ends at 4cm).  ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto set to "S" fixed bilevel pressure, EPAP 3 cm, IPAP 6 cm.  OSCAR 1.3.0 on MacOS.

A flat line of 0.01 FL exists for the entire time the machine is on.  Is this an OSCAR reporting glitch? 

There are times I do see flattening of the curves, when zoomed in.  And plenty of breaths that do not show flattening. 

Here is a closeup.  My treatment thread also has this image, along with a whole night screenshot. 
[attachment=38890]

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow Limitations not scored properly in "S" mode? OSCAR 1.3.0
Sorry,
A subsequent search gave this answer:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid419108

Because the machine isn't going to respond in "S" mode, it therefor does not record FL.
Thanks Gideon for noting this.

It is going to mess with my therapy analysis if I don't have a score, but I should be able to scan the waveforms manually.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked the clinicians manual and it does say that only the VAuto mode responds to FLow Limitations.  

This would be the same as using a regular AutoSet in Cpap mode, where in Cpap mode, you wouldn't see Flow Limitation.  

SleepyCpap, if you need a Clinicians Manual, order it from here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although a workaround can't match your exact settings, you could set it to "VAuto" with a setting of Min 4, Max 7, and the PS 3. That is as close as it will get.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2022, 08:46 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I just checked the clinicians manual and it does say that only the VAuto mode responds to FLow Limitations.  

This would be the same as using a regular AutoSet in Cpap mode, where in Cpap mode, you wouldn't see Flow Limitation.  

SleepyCpap, if you need a Clinicians Manual, order it from here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

While it is true that a regular Autoset in CPAP mode does not respond to Flow Limitation it will display them. I prefer to use use this measure, together with Hypopnea index as an indication of my treatment success as it better correlates with "how I feel".
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2022, 09:20 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Although a workaround can't match your exact settings, you could set it to "VAuto" with a setting of Min 4, Max 7, and the PS 3.  That is as close as it will get.

Try Red's settings for a night.  That should give you a good idea of flow limitations.  The real difference is you have an EPAP of "3" in "S" mode and it will be "4" in "VAuto" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Yes, I just finished five days in VAuto mode PS3 4-9cm. My treatment thread reveals that I was doing fine at that setting, and it barely budges from the 4-7 setting. AHI was 0.0 every night, and FL 99.5% was mostly +/- 0.05 for four out of five nights (with one bad night of 0.20). My goal is to keep reducing, to see how much work the AlaxoStent is doing. To get lower EPAP I moved to “S” mode last night.

I agree with Grandpapa-G that Flow Limitations helps a great deal to monitor how things are going. My AHI is 0.0 when using the AlaxoStent with PAP, so it is FL or SpO2 which have caught my eye now.

I do have the clinician’s manual, it is a good resource.

I’m sorry ResMed and Philips Respironics don’t believe FL is worth reporting outside of Auto modes.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 858 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 529 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  OSCAR 1.5 , permissive mode vs. clinical mode JCW888 8 1,184 12-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  95% flow limitationm goodn 2 520 11-24-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 721 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.