Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed
Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed
Hi,

In my other post about Jaw alignment, we have got into a conversation about what is cutting short my sleep sessions.
- This is resulting in severe daytime fatigue, memory/concentration/alertness problems. 

I posted flow rate graphs just before the end of my sleep sessions and Sheepless looked at them for me and made the following observastion:

Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to weigh in. something is off with that hairbrush-y flow but I don't know what to do about it.  you have some fairly consistent low level flow limitations that you might be sensitive to (causing mini arousals).  someone with more to offer you should be along soon.

So I've create this new post to grab the attention of experts  Smile

Below I will post the Flow Rate Graphs

FYI - My sleep doctor is next to hopeless and is currently suggesting that I ditch the CPAP and look at dental devices, more info in my other thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed
26th Apr Flow Rate 2 Min Interval End Sessions

Post Reply Post Reply
23rd Apr Flow Rate 2 Min Interval End Sessions

Post Reply Post Reply
22nd Apr Flow Rate 2 Min Interval End Sessions

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2020, 09:35 PM)hallra Wrote: Hi,

In my other post about Jaw alignment, we have got into a conversation about what is cutting short my sleep sessions.
- This is resulting in severe daytime fatigue, memory/concentration/alertness problems. 

I posted flow rate graphs just before the end of my sleep sessions and Sheepless looked at them for me and made the following observastion:

Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to weigh in. something is off with that hairbrush-y flow but I don't know what to do about it.  you have some fairly consistent low level flow limitations that you might be sensitive to (causing mini arousals).  someone with more to offer you should be along soon.

So I've create this new post to grab the attention of experts  Smile

Below I will post the Flow Rate Graphs

FYI - My sleep doctor is next to hopeless and is currently suggesting that I ditch the CPAP and look at dental devices, more info in my other thread.
Hi,

_ well, I would no say I have any expertise at all, yet I think I would have a rather good experience with arousals (1.5 to 15 seconds), awakenings ( > 15 s). Either respiratory effort driven or other issues, it has been my main drawback for 1.2 years of CPAP;

_ from my daily observations and own counting, better interpretations (at least for me) would depend on combined observations on FR, MV, TV, Leak, FL curves; including the median reference line;

_ so, I eventually I could help by taking look at your curves, including full night and some 10-minute-duration windows around your arousal/awakenings events.

all the best.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mper,

Thank you, I myself have got no idea what I’m doing, I’m new to all this.

Please could you guide me on what to post, so that you can look at my data/graphs and start to drill down into it.

I choose to post graphs on 26/23/22 April because they were days where there appears to be some good session lengths... I can now also say that last night looks a decent night and that was with the change of settings with a min pressure of 6 and a EPR of 2, whereas the other nights EPR was set to 3 with min pressure either 4 or 5.

Let me know where you would like to start and what you want to see?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your graphs are zoomed out way too far to see any detail in the flow rate. Your last chart shows 1/2 hour, not 2-minutes, and earlier charts were an hour. At this resolution I don't see anything helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, sorry I did not get notification of sleepriders reply...

The graph intervals were set at 2mins as that was what I was asked to post at previously.

Apologies as I really do not understand what I need to be posting.

Please explain to me what date and what time periods to zoom in on and how far to zoom down to, plus what graphs I need to show.

Literally, I am brand new to all of this and need to be given guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't get a response from my last post, so i've gone ahead and taken a guess on what to post from last night's sleep which was a better one.

I've zoomed in randomly down to 5 secs to show the breathing pattern; I've done the same at the end of the two sleep sessions at the point where I have woken up.

The first wake up occurs after 4.5hrs, it looks to me that that is just a natural wake up?

The second wake up occurs after 2 apneas, was that the cause of the wake up, is that normal, have I got the machine settings right?

- Last night was a good amount of sleep for me, I need more, still dreadfully tired; I don't know if last night was the result of the night before being rubbish or it was due to the machine settings being changed to min pressure of 6 and EPR of 2 after advice given yesterday.

Charts:

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

_ for me, it is hard to go for proper interpretations without context (more important than details for me; that's why I had asked for those curves, above, full night and 10min-duration);

_ that said, It looks to me:

: you are having problem with FL (still high in my opinion)/unflagged RERA. Your FR inspirations looks not properly rounded yet;

: you are fighting against the machine with Expiration/Inspiration ratio < 1.0;

: you are getting too low total time sleeping;

_ You could eventually try EPR 3.0, while increasing your Pressure min 1.0 cm. I don't have significant hopes you could work out your problems without going to BiPAP;

_ Please, if not yet: take look at Resmed recomended protocols of titration with your machine. " Sleep Lab Titration Guide".

all the best

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 100 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 264 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 315 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,413 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 113 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.