Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate / Leak Rate / Flow Limit Data Questions
RE: Flow Rate / Leak Rate / Flow Limit Data Questions
temperance - Based on the leaks appearing at higher pressures, how old is your nasal pillow? I know for a Resmed P10, that is a sign that it is starting to wear out.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2022, 11:32 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: temperance - Based on the leaks appearing at higher pressures, how old is your nasal pillow?   I know for a Resmed P10, that is a sign that it is starting to wear out.

I've had the resmed p10 for less than a year. These leaks have been consistent since starting therapy with the p10.

(04-12-2022, 11:22 AM)Rubicon Wrote: Well, I'm trying but apparently some people only hear what they want to hear.

Thus far 3 pieces of helpful evidence have been presented:  the WatchPAT report, Oscar screenshots with leaks and FLs but only one Oscar screenshot with pressures.

IMO (and for arguments' sake let's say I have some skilz in this area) the WatchPAT maybe shows some signs of UARS.

If we look for FLs in the Oscar shots there are like none.  If so, the pressure provided is unnecessarily high, or at least deserving a look-see.

In the single shot that show pressures, the increased pressure seems to be the cause of all (not some, all) the leaks:

[Image: 6trpr9h.png]
Therefore, if worse case scenario is that there's a touch of UARS;  UARS is composed of FLs; and there's never really any indications of FLs in the screenshots, then it would seem the easiest solution would be drop pressure to like fixed 7 cmH2O and see if it solves the leak issue without allowing FLs (and those tiny isolated FL blips are irrelevant).

Further, give 5 or 6 cmH2O a shot to see if even lower pressures are effective.

I'll set the pressure to a consistent 7 and see if it makes an difference and post data after a few trial nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding a couple more screenshots with some of the higher AHI/Leak days if it helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 9 220 19 minutes ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 40 5 hours ago
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 96 9 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,545 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 967 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 846 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 109 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.