Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir and the ResMed S10 Airsence Cpap.
MyAir and the ResMed S10 Airsence Cpap.
Just got the new Airsence S10 machine. Comes standard with a humidifier. My DME is American Home Patients. My medicare insurance buys me a new one every 3-4 years and paid for most of the cost.

AHP has good followup and sends me new supplies every so often. I also like that their tech support set up a "telephone support" where a techie called me and walked me through the complete setup, including getting me into the "Clinical Menu" for some adjustments.

I already knew how to do this from posts on this Board, but it was nice to be able to talk to someone with specific questions and get fast answers. This would be an especial boon to new users.

I signed up for the free MyAir account Resmed.com/myair . The machine somehow automatically can contact the website and download my data. It is very basic, but interesting. I plan on using Sleepyhead as before with my S9, but I like this feature, both for us 'hoseheads' and for 'newbies'.

This morning about 30 minutes after getting up I received an email from ResMed that said I was experiencing a mask leak last night and some tips on how to correct this.

If you are like me, you may not be checking your machine every morning and it is nice to get a message like this. MyAir also tracks a score from 1-100 letting you know your basic therapy. As I said, it does not have much detail as Sleepyhead, but for most people this is probably good enough.

I know some people are worried about personal data going out over the internet, but if you have a mobile phone, email, or even just a computer, it IS happening! Get used to it!

I still have firewalls and heavily encrypted passwords, etc, etc, but I have gotten --mostly-- past the paranoia. I keep a close eye on my financial accounts and credit cards and have some special stuff to prevent identity theft, but beyond a certain point I don't have anything to hide and could care less who is checking my sleep therapy. BTW I can let my doctor access these records by providing her with the proper clearance to my MyAir account, and this is fine with me.

The pros and cons of the new ResMed Airsense 10 are all over this Board and are well worth reading. Since I only have had it working two days, I don't have much to say, yet.

Nothing but the filters will fit the S10 that I have on the S9 including the heated tube. I was experiencing rainout with the S9 and was unpleasantly surprised that the new machine did not come with a heated tube and the S9 would not fit. I did talk with the tech and he said that the heated tube had not been specified by my sleep doctor, but that they would send me one right away.

The moral is to be sure that your primary sleep doctor has a heated tube specified in your prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir and the ResMed S10 Airsence Cpap.
(10-02-2015, 09:11 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote: I signed up for the free MyAir account Resmed.com/myair . The machine somehow automatically can contact the website and download my data. It is very basic, but interesting.

Your machine has a cell phone built in that connects to ResMed's servers.

Your assessment of the MyAir site pretty much agrees with mine and I'm glad you want to start using SleepyHead which will give you much more useful information. I check in with MyAir every day, mostly for fun. I also check SleepyHead every day before I do that.

I encourage you to get going with SleepyHead as soon as you can. The more you know about how things are going the better you can adjust to get better results.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use it with my grand daughter as a tool (she's 6) and we make a math game of it. Good for basic "how are you doing", but I use SH 1st, then Rescan to get the nuts and bolts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 09:11 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote: This morning about 30 minutes after getting up I received an email from ResMed that said I was experiencing a mask leak last night and some tips on how to correct this.
What did they say? inquiring minds like to know ...

The machine sleep report is quite comprehensive, providing "Essentials" set to "Plus" in the clinical menu (default set to On)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what my note said when I 1st started, since I've made my adjustments per instructions here, I don't get those anymore.Grin

You have to be logged on to see it, so this is a copy/paste minus the pretty pictures.

Hello Charles

Have you noticed any problems with the way your mask is fitting? We've noticed that the leak is a bit higher than it should be, so you might want to check it out.

Mask leak occurs for a couple of reasons:

Your mask might not be adjusted correctly.
You may have been sleeping with your mouth open (when using a pillows or nasal mask).
Your mask may have been moving excessively when you sleep. This can happen when the air tubing drags against your bedding.
It is worthwhile spending some time getting your mask fitting just right. Try practicing fitting your mask when you're not tired, so it becomes more automatic.

Sleep well!

The myAir Team

myAir.ResMed.com

(10-02-2015, 07:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 09:11 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote: This morning about 30 minutes after getting up I received an email from ResMed that said I was experiencing a mask leak last night and some tips on how to correct this.
What did they say? inquiring minds like to know ...

The machine sleep report is quite comprehensive, providing "Essentials" set to "Plus" in the clinical menu (default set to On)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,460 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 261 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 250 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 845 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 308 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,644 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.