Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate Waveforms
Flow Rate Waveforms
I've noticed this happening since I started using the P10. It appears my breathing becomes more shallow at times. Here are some charts

My normal pattern:
[Image: sh-waveform1.PNG]

Then this shows up:
[Image: sh-waveform2.PNG]

Bigger picture:
[Image: sh-waveform3.PNG]

Full charts
[Image: screenshot-20151002-065404.png]

[Image: screenshot-20151002-065031.png]

Is this just a different stage of sleep?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow Rate Waveforms
I don't know, the pattern is different but your rate is actually higher for that time.And your AHI is great, your tidal volume is INSANE!!! If I hit 440 in tidal I'm happy, I hover around the 400 mark. My AHI has never been over 0.90, usually mid 0.20's thru 0.50 ish.

P.S. I just looked back a few weeks and I didn't see mine drop off like yours is showing in the 2300 hour. Now I'm gonna hang out and see what comes your way as far as an answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
So are you saying I impress the ladies with my big lungs? Laugh-a-lot
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure it means much, but you might have some flow limitations. I see the big and low waveform effect myself.

Does your leak rate change when this is happening?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be just different sleep stages or your Body adjusting breathing amplitude and frequency according to pressure at that time OR something else.

When I went from F10 FFM to P10 with auto pressure, I had the same thing happen to my waveforms. And I was not feeling rested at all. Then, When I went to straight pressure, it became even again.

If you are feeling rested, then it's probably not worth investigating too much.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2015, 10:03 AM)AshSF Wrote: It could be just different sleep stages or your Body adjusting breathing amplitude and frequency according to pressure at that time OR something else.

Something isn't right with the long flat bottoms on this waveform. The flat bottom indicates that air is coming out at a slow, steady rate over a long period of time. When he inhales, the air comes in fairly rapidly.

It makes me think that airflow is restricted.

I'm not sure it's terribly important, but something is going on there.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 08:52 PM)archangle Wrote: Not sure it means much, but you might have some flow limitations. I see the big and low waveform effect myself.

Does your leak rate change when this is happening?

Leak rate is constant or near flat at 12 L/m.

Last night:
[Image: screenshot-20151003-130806.png]

[Image: sh_10.3.2015.PNG]

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what I was implying, but if your not a yodeler, you missed your mark!!! I'm just weezing alongUnsure

Tidal Vol (78 days)
min: 0.00
Med: 420.00
95%: 640.00
max: 2460.00

(10-02-2015, 08:01 PM)AlanE Wrote: So are you saying I impress the ladies with my big lungs? Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2015, 10:35 AM)archangle Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 10:03 AM)AshSF Wrote: It could be just different sleep stages or your Body adjusting breathing amplitude and frequency according to pressure at that time OR something else.

Something isn't right with the long flat bottoms on this waveform. The flat bottom indicates that air is coming out at a slow, steady rate over a long period of time. When he inhales, the air comes in fairly rapidly.

It makes me think that airflow is restricted.

I'm not sure it's terribly important, but something is going on there.

I think the exhale pattern might just be normal for a small volume inhale. Since exhalation can merely be relaxation of the muscles used for inhaling and the rib cage and diaphragm have not moved very much, there is not as much return force like a spring that is not deflected very far.

Just my way of looking at it. May be totally wrong but it makes some sense to me.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 83 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 257 6 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Do these waveforms represent an arousal BigWing 2 108 03-26-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 308 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.