Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate and Flow Limit Graphs
RE: Flow Rate and Flow Limit Graphs
Still puzzled by flow rate. If the attached is an example of restricted flow rate what action is needed?

Post Reply Post Reply
This particular segment has very little if any flow limitation apparent. I think we need to back-out and get a look a the whole night to see how prevalent or episodic your flow limitation is. Overall, you have normal respiratory statistics, and all of the images in this thread are short segments where FL is present, but it may not be reflective of your therapy overall.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First off I want to thank you for your great help.  I was about to give up on PAP treatment when you gave me good advice about settings.  Literally complained for years that my air was not right, finally fired 3 doctors at once over the issue.  My currect doctor doesn't pay any attention to my settings (?) but trust me to figure it out.  She is treating me with Zaleplon for Rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder or REM behavior disorder (RBD).   Not perfect solution but Zaleplon 5mg very helpful when I take it; my wife is thankful.  Most of my adult I existed on 5 hours sleep per night more or less.  At 75 its caught up with me. 

Here is a full nights screen shot.

Post Reply Post Reply
Getting more hours of sleep but not as rested as number of hours indicate.
Wondering about saw tooth patterns on flow rate graph.

Timax 2.0s, Tmin 1.0s, Trigger very high and Cycle med; my best shot at using Resmed Clinical guide. 

Thanks again for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is classic RERA (respiratory effort related arousal) and it is defined by the increasing obstructive inspiratory flow limitation followed by arousal, indicated by the higher flow rate of recovery breathing. This may be positional, or it might be resolved with a 1-cm increase in EPAP pressure. This seems to be an isolated incident and did not really register in your AHI or even the flow limit statistics. I don't know if you need to change anything, but your therapy seems otherwise good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the full night for 25 Mar 2023.
Recently I used a soft cervical collar and noted no difference with or without.  Have began using Azelastine HCI nasal solution. 

Post Reply Post Reply
We can see the brief positional apnea, and with your results, it's just not worth doing a collar. If you're feeling pretty decent with the therapy and your sleep, let it go. The antihistamine spray is fine for allergies or nasal irritation. I use the fluticasone based (Flonase) spray as works as an anti-inflammatory and seems to keep my nose open in allergy season. I have never noticed any side-effects or tolerance issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I would explode a segment of my flow rate so that I could get a better view of oscillations which I see frequently night after night.  Have no idea what I'm looking at but does not appear to be regular or normal.   I'm still not feeling rested after a night of sleep.  I think I'm scheduled for a in home sleep study 24 Apr. 

Post Reply Post Reply
It is normal and common to see cardiogenic oscillation or cardio-ballistic effects on a flow rate chart. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cillations
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 16 738 23 minutes ago
Last Post: Barefooter64
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 28 1 hour ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 383 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 76 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 271 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 359 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.