Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate no longer being imported into Sleepyhead
RE: Flow Rate no longer being imported into Sleepyhead
(01-13-2015, 08:22 PM)Woodslinger Wrote: Only a proprietary Fisher Paykel SD card will fit into the slot. I would likely void my insurance coverage for the machine, if I hosed the data on the card.

Date/Time data are importing correctly time-stamped.

And try to find a phone number on the FPhcare.com site... NOT available to the unwashed masses, that I can discern.

I have e-mailed F & P technical support explaining the problem. Hopefully I will get a helpful and positive response. I checked InfoSmart Administrator and it gives the snail mail address in NZ but no phone number. It does have a button for e-mailing for technical support.
Regarding the InfoUSB stick - this can be erased and reformatted without a problem (at least it didn't cause a problem when I did it). It really is just a USB flash drive with a special cover that fits the machine. There is also an upgrade available on their website. Your machine keeps a copy of the data (except Flow Rate) and writes this data back on the stick as soon as you put it back in the machine.
The Icon Technical Manual does give a step by step procedure for upgrading the firmware on the machine but I have not been able to find an upgrade. Hopefully the good folks at F & P will give me all the information we need to get our Flow Rate graphs back on SleepyHead.
I have also looked for ways to change the date on the machine back to 2014 since I strongly suspect a firmware glitch like Y2K. I have not been successful at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello woodslinger,

thanks for contacting tech support at F&P to see if they have a fix to this problem. I also contacted their tech support section via email - but not sure if the correct people at F&P got it. Can only hope. If you get something good back - please let us all know. I will do like wise.

I am sure it is something simple software/firmware wise.

Regards

Buffalo Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
FPhcare: 800-446-3908

Good luck! There more people call, the merrier.

I did not reveal that I was using "Sleepyhead" software, and my phone call was not too successful. It was more like me trying to interrogate the Gestapo.

Near as I can gather, "InfoSmart" software does not report Flow Rate, even to clinicians. Everyone I talked to, from DME provider to hardware and software support at FP, was baffled by my references to "flow rate". They'd never seen it, apparently.

Seems as though the flow rate charts we once were able to see were an unintended aberration of the ICON devices. FP claimed that ICON firmware cannot be upgraded, and you'd have to get a new machine to have newer firmware. That does not sound correct.

Maybe the next caller will have better luck than I did.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 267 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  PURGED LAST NIGHT FROM OSCAR & RE-IMPORTED HELP DUE TO HIGHER THAN NORMAL AHI Plmnb 0 124 03-14-2024, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 937 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 541 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 591 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Not all session data is imported clan 21 2,313 12-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Oscar not saving some imported data jrich2k7 1 446 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.