Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate no longer being imported into Sleepyhead
RE: Flow Rate no longer being imported into Sleepyhead
I guess I should not post when is is late. I was looking at the wrong graph.. My Flow Rate graph is missing also. I have had times when only some of the night had flow data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should originally have clarified that Respiration Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Ventilation, Inspiration Time, Expiration Time, and Mask Pressure had all disappeared as well.

My initial thought had been that the stick was filling up, and that more granular data was not being archived to the stick by the machine. However, the stick is only 25% full.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Buffalo Bob -

It's interesting that yours disappeared the same time mine did. Did you also do a memory stick upload to the "watchers" at that time? If not, then maybe it wasn't an update from FP, but rather an innate firmware bug with the machine.

You might well ask what can I still see for graphs? See attachment.
That's now it for graphs.
No more cool data mining, to see the intricacies of my nightly unconscious quest for air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Woodslinger,

It is really strange that the charts that are now displayed on your system are exactly the same charts that are now displayed on my system. Nothing more or nothing less. I remember that once when I first got my machine that I could go to the drop down box on the right side of charts and choose which charts I wanted to view. I deselected a number of charts that were not of interest to me - but I definitely did not deselect the flow chart. I find that the flow chart to be of immense value in trouble shooting and figuring what is going on when I am asleep.

Like you said - probably some software bug that was activated somehow at the end of the year. I really would like to see the flow chart again.

By the way - I totally deinstalled sleeplyhead software and all files from my primary computer and reloaded a new download copy of sleeplyhead and reinstalled it and reinitialized it. I would have thought if it were a one time software glitch that would get rid of it. Unfortunately after I reinstalled sleepyhead again - I was still missing the flow chart. Also I am running sleepyhead on my laptop to use when I leave town - my laptop also has the same problem.

Regards,

Buffalo Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. I've got Sleepyhead on a Mac, as well as on my HP laptop, with the issue identical on both. So, I was quite confident it isn't a Sleepyhead glitch. Like you, the flow rate gives me a portal of understanding unmatched. What with my being in the electrical power quality profession, analyzing waveforms is second nature to me. Very frustrating.

I've been half hoping that someone will come forth saying they know a way to get firmware updates or technical bulletins from Fisher Paykel. Certainly our DME providers wouldn't care to be of any assistance. As long as they know compliance, settings and treatment efficacy, the rest is not likely to be of any interest to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Woodslinger,

Maybe the next approach would be to go directly to F&P technical support section and broach this problem with them. Going through your DME is a dead end road.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2015, 01:49 PM)Buffalo Bob Wrote: Hello Woodslinger,

Maybe the next approach would be to go directly to F&P technical support section and broach this problem with them. Going through your DME is a dead end road.

Bob

I suggest a PM to user jedimark, who is the author of SleepyHead.
The error may be in SH's interpretation of F&P data. jedimark says of their data structure:

"Manufacturer failed to openly document this format.
Fails to keep flow data, even with a potentially huge datastick.
Very low resolution (2 minutes) event data, can't overlay over flow waveform.
Hideously stupid timestamp format."

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...ata_Format

If made aware of what SH is presently reporting; and that it occurred at the end of 2014, he may know how to patch SH.

"Hideously stupid timestamp format" just sets off alarm bells to me.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'll tackle FP tomorrow. Chances are they'll advise me to work thru my DME provider, but you never know.

This does bring up an interesting point. How do I tell them I've noticed the difference? Do I tell them I use Sleepyhead, and that's how I know?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do the machines in question have some sort of cell modem or other data connection? Is it possible that the machine got a software update?

You might try starting with a fresh SD card and create a new user under SleepyHead. Maybe SH isn't interpreting the timestamp right after the new year. See if it is displaying the data for the wrong day.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only a proprietary Fisher Paykel SD card will fit into the slot. I would likely void my insurance coverage for the machine, if I hosed the data on the card.

Date/Time data are importing correctly time-stamped.

And try to find a phone number on the FPhcare.com site... NOT available to the unwashed masses, that I can discern.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 267 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  PURGED LAST NIGHT FROM OSCAR & RE-IMPORTED HELP DUE TO HIGHER THAN NORMAL AHI Plmnb 0 125 03-14-2024, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 938 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 541 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 591 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Not all session data is imported clan 21 2,314 12-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Oscar not saving some imported data jrich2k7 1 446 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.