Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow limitation Uars?
Flow limitation Uars?
Hi 
I had a sleep study Nox T3 via the NHS recently and am a bit confused by the results.

My consultant said I had perfect breathing and an AHI of 0.1, but then when I asked him about RDI, he said no sign of anything, but then said I had blockage of my nose (I have a cervical collar so I don't think I breath through my mouth during the night)

On his report (for which there is no detail bar his commentary) he said no UARS or sleep apnea was noted, but said I had a very high flow limitation.

I might be misunderstanding but my understanding was that flow limitation was an indicator of UARS?

For context, I wake up with mini arousals on sleep onset and couldn't seem to tolerate my APAP (which is now gathering dust as its due for a Phillips Recall) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I was hoping to get some answers from the study but feel more confused than I was before.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow limitation Uars?
First, download OSCAR.  

Then dust off that Apap and do your best to use it.  What may help initially is to lower the maximum pressure setting to help you adapt.  

Be sure you have an SD card in your Apap, any size 2Gb up to 32Gb.

Lower your max pressure to 14cm.
New settings:  Minimum 7, Maximum 14,  AFLex setting at 2.
These settings are for comfort and should help you adapt easier, but we need to see some data to advise further.  The lower max pressure will stop the machine from raising the pressure up to 20 due to Flow Limitations.

After a night of sleeping at these settings, post a Screenshot here for review.  
Follow the links in my signature line to help guide you.  

Also, if you have a copy of your sleep study, post it here. (Redacted of personal info.)

If you still feel uncomfortable, try using your Apap for an hour or so before bed, sitting up reading or watching TV.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 908 34 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 54 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 291 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 610 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.