Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow limitations correlated to pillow height
Flow limitations correlated to pillow height
Hello everyone,

I recently went on an adventure to find the best pillow for sleep, and explored down filled pillows, and came out with bad results.  What resulted from this is that I realized that the pillows has an effect on flow limitations. 

Contrary to popular belief, the best pillow for me with the lowest flow limitations is cheap firm pillow from Target.  This is not down or buck wheat filled.  It's cheap material fill, but firm fill. My FL has been consistently low with this pillow, and much more expensive ones much higher.

Also, I had tried down pillows that compresses very shallow, and it actually increases flow limitations.  I take it that the pillow has to be of certain height, but not so high. 

Also, cervical collar should not be tight.  It should be loose, and just enough so that your chin will hit the collar all all times.  If too tight, the chin will likely bend the collar a bit can cause a bit of chin tuck. And this minor bend at minimum would raise FL if not OA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 8 106 7 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 269 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 316 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 114 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,623 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.