Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow rate explanation
Flow rate explanation
I was just wondering what causes these clusters to appear?  I do wear a cervical collar.Is it possible it could be from rem sleep?  I see my FL were very high last night.  
Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow rate explanation
can't answer your specific questions other than to say sometimes my flow limitations (hypopnea, oa's, snoring, clusters) vary because my collar is too loose or tight. usually loose. other times I think it's just the way my brain/body acted that night due to something from that long list of things that effect sleep quality (sick, tense, spicy food, alcohol, temperature, noise....)

while you're waiting for someone more experienced to chime in, I notice your 95% and max pressure are equal. personally I'd try max 14 and incrementally nudge max pressure up if you see an improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me I'd bump the minimum and maximum pressures up 1cm and increase the EPR from 2cm to 3cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla would you make this change based on this one night or would you see if the same pattern continues?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd make the change based on the flow limitations I'm seeing.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Understand,would it be helpful to post a few previous days to see if you can get any further information ?
Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Walla, or whatever my auto-spell decides his name is. Advise is sound.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla and Sleeprider I very much respect your advice.  You have helped me many times in the past. 
I will make the changes you recommend.   I am posting a few more days to see if you see the same patterns.
Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checking in to see if you have any thoughts concerning the new data I posted?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2018, 02:03 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I was just wondering what causes these clusters to appear?  I do wear a cervical collar.Is it possible it could be from rem sleep?  I see my FL were very high last night.  
Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Could be due to REM, or due to supine sleeping, or ….  The bottom line is that your OSA is not effectively treated - you need higher pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 291 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,600 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.