Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dr. And DME pressure changed?
Dr. And DME pressure changed?
I use a ResMed airsense 10, been on cpap  therapy for like 7-8 months. I don’t have sleepyhead or software like that just been using the myAir app just to check every now and then, for like the 1st 6 months I was always under 5 AHI per hour sometimes even like 2 or 3 my pressure setting is 9 usually starts on 7 then goes to 9 in like 15mins. But the past 2 weeks my AHI has not been under 10 sometimes over 20. My DME noticed she called my doctor and got it changed to   auto 5-15cmh20 She did it automatically from her office so wondering what new setting will do?, And what’s the  Difference from initial setting. Thanks 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dr. And DME pressure changed?
Start recording data and uploading to SleepyHead. The instrux are in the menu and at signature line for board muckety mucks.

The settings are evidently on auto so the machine gives you as much pressure as you need. Once that’s figured out, the rest can be finessed.

You can change the settings yourself. The doc and the DME won’t want you to know how.

The lower pressure number you’ve been given may feel like you’re dying. It should maybe get changed to what you’re used to, i.e. 9.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dr. And DME pressure changed?
It is important to know what kind of events are happening. Your events are either obstructive, central or hypopnea. Using the free #Sleepyhead software can show what is going on very quickly, but your machine also produces a sleep report that shows your average and 90% pressure, AHI, and the CAI (central), OAI (obstructive) and HAI (hypopnea). We an help, but need to know the event type, and if you are using EPR (exhale pressure relief).

If your DME thinks the solution is to change pressure to 5-15, rather than narrow the range, that proves they don't have a clue. Please get the software, and let us help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 428 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 401 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 435 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 366 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 404 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,079 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Symptoms] Only changed mask, fully aware during REM sleep phase? THEVGE 2 424 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Last Post: THEVGE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.