Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual
Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual
Hi Folks,
I recently bought a Resmed Airstart 10 autopap machine. I had been using a Remstar Solo for many years before it gave out. My pressure setting was 6 cm. I cannot find on the web any info on how to set the pressure and ramp ranges on the Airstart 10. Can somebody please help me get started.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Ace
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual
Hi Ace33018 - Welcome

Here is the link to Clinician manuals for CPAPs:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
The link is also listed in the menu ribbon at the top of each page.

Edit: I just realized that you have and Airstart 10 and not an Airsense 10. I'm not certain about that model.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
get the resmed 10 cpap or auto cpap clinical manuals from the link, I'm assuming the access to the clinical settings would be the same and perhaps someone with a resmed 10 will chime in.

I would set it on auto 6 minimum and 10 maximum to start with. you won't be able to get a lot of data from the machine, but the main one is the AHI, if it also gives median and 95% pressure this will be a big help.

If you have a 30 day exchange, I would move to the airsense for a few dollars more.
compared to the airsense
Quote:No auto ramp
No Smart/Auto Start
No Climate Control
No Remote Assist
No Wireless Module
Not compatible to Myair Apps
Very limited data report
No Heated hose
The included SD card records only hours used, mask seal and humidification indicators, and AHI.

post as much data from the machine as you can, go to clinical settings and set to display and have access to everything.

page 33 should help
CPAP and AutoSet Therapy Titration Protocol
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this will get you in to settings
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
[Image: A10-pic1.jpg]
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ace33018,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue with CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Airstart 10 autopap.  That is not a machine you want as your primary machine.  As a backup, fine.  You do as indicated above want the Airsense Autoset, which has full data capabilities.

Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

• ResMed AirCurve 10, all models

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37211) (E0601, E0562) (best choice) (Fixed CPAP, BiLevel S, VAuto (Auto-BiLevel))

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 ASV BiLevel Machine w/HumidAir™ Humidifier (E0471) (best choice) (Fixed CPAP, ASV, ASV Auto)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom, bricks look the same) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro (DSX600x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine (DSX700x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP, Auto BiPAP) (best choice)
Current Machines to Avoid

• ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (all models, 37201) (Lack of full data capability)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP (DSX200x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Lack of full data capability)
Note: These are current machines, there are older models that have full data capability that are available via secondary markets if budget is an issue. Please inquire on the forum and your questions will be answered.

fred
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirStart 10 came with EXP turned off and I had to go to clinician settings to enable it. This forum is GREAT! There are two additional EPR settings: Full Time or Ramp (why would you not want full time) and EPR Level which are 1, 2 and 3. I have to assume those have to do with the pressure drop on exhale and are probably light, medium and strong.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is true about the EPR with the caveat the pressure wlll not go below 4. If you ave a minimum of 6 & EPR of 3, it functions like an EPR of 2, only lowering by 2 cm. instead of 3 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 72 79,245 04-14-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 318 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,024 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 285 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Discrepancy between Resmed Clinician report and OSCAR lavern 10 1,068 10-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Last Post: lavern
Wink Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap HMG7450 2 569 08-14-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 402 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.