Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flower Advice Please
Question 
My Friends:

A lady friend has passed away. Some decades ago, she was my lady.

Although I cannot attend her memorial service this weekend, I wish to send flowers. I'm thinking pink roses.

Would you kindly help me with some suggestions...

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me, I would not choose roses. Send a nice plant that someone can keep. A lot of people will send cut flowers that don't live too long. Just my opinion.

http:// http://www.fromyouflowers.com/products/c...e_lily.htm
Post Reply Post Reply
Any gesture, no matter how small, is a beautiful gesture. I suggest you follow your heart in this matter, and remember that the real flowers are in your heart - the ones you send are for her survivors, and you should choose accordingly. But above all, tasteful and understated, whether cut or potted. You flew for Uncle Sam, as you say, and that makes you a gentleman above all, and in all things, especially in matters of the heart and in matters of taste.
Post Reply Post Reply

Agree with all of the above.
I would rather see a potted plant than flowers, but either is nice. Remember the flowers will die, the plant will remain on.
I have seen florsits do a combination of several different potted plants with some cut flowers tucked in for color.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2015, 10:50 AM)DocWils Wrote: Any gesture, no matter how small, is a beautiful gesture. I suggest you follow your heart in this matter, and remember that the real flowers are in your heart - the ones you send are for her survivors, and you should choose accordingly. But above all, tasteful and understated, whether cut or potted. You flew for Uncle Sam, as you say, and that makes you a gentleman above all, and in all things, especially in matters of the heart and in matters of taste.

Thank you DocWils. Your words show great understanding and kindness.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for your loss. Even if we marry other people, we don't forget the special people in our life who, in part, helped us be the people we turned out to be.

If you want to share with us, let us know what you decided to send.
Post Reply Post Reply

It wasn't the flowers that were difficult. It was finding the right words for the sympathy card for her daughter.
I have lost a friend; she has lost her mom.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need houseplant advice GrammaBear 4 72 Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Last Post: chill
Money Financial advice I wouldn't pay for DeepBreathing 5 383 01-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  advice on updating Win 7 storywizard 7 317 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lawnmower advice........ GrammaBear 22 1,036 08-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sage advice... retired_guy 6 1,083 03-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Question Advice on Digital TV - help! SuperSleeper 5 1,511 04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Last Post: rickz1