Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flu Shot
Got my flu shot today!

[attachment=1783].

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nope I never take a flu shot. Never get the flu and seldom a cold.
Wife always gets the shot and always gets the flu. Tons of colds also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both my husband and I got the flu shot at our Doctor's office several weeks ago. I have to get the 'single dose' variety of the flu vaccine as the dose given at pharmacys has a preservative in it and I am allergic to that ingredient. My husband still works full time by his own choice and he gets at least one or two colds a year. He works with lots of younger fellas who have school age children. The younger guys bring the cold germs to work and spread them around. My doctor has advised me to get the flu shot because of my diabetes and several other chronic illness. I'm lucky in that my arm is slightly sore for a few days and after that I feel OK.
Post Reply Post Reply

Ever since our doctor tested our vitamin D levels and found us insufficient, my husband and I started taking 5000iu a day of D3. Neither of us have had a flu since (7 years and counting). Got a few colds, but they only lasted a couple of days. Was getting the flu every year up to that point, even with a flu shot. Haven't had a flu shot in 7 years either. So we are big believers in Vitamin D.
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had a shot in years and have never gotten the flu. No one believes me when I say that and in my family, I simply shut up when everyone talks about getting their shot. Expressing an opposite opinion is like talking politics. Smile

A few years ago, I went to the doctor to get wax taken out of my ears and they offered me a flu shot which I politely declined. They were pushy when I did this but I kept my cool and didn't give in. It is like they couldn't believe that a patient would reject their advice.

I am not going to never say never as things can change in the future. But right now, I feel comfortable not getting one.

Regarding vitamin D levels and colds, I never got them that frequently but once I optimized my levels, they are started occurring even less and this was in spite of sleep issues which can lower resistance.
Post Reply Post Reply