Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fluctuating AHI
RE: Fluctuating AHI
on the side of the sd card is a slide that you move up and down. it has an arrow or similar, showing the down and locked setting
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
As Chill said, the odd high [or 0.0] is normal..

I look at my 6 month/12 month averages to assess how I'm going overall, and for my commercial driving licence they only look at the last 30 days average for compliance purposes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 05:16 PM)ajack Wrote: on the side of the sd card is a slide that you move up and down. it has an arrow or similar, showing the down and locked setting

Oh, duh, LOL! I forgot that!
Post Reply Post Reply
You will move the SD card from the Airsense to an SD card reader in the computer.  Read the card, then return the card back to the Airsense.
There is a warning to slide the lock tab on the SD card to LOCK before inserting it into the computer.  This is to protect the card from being written to while in the computer.  You slide the lock tab back to unlock before you insert it back into the Airsense.

SD card location:
[Image: SD%20CArd%20Slot.jpg]

SD card lock tab:
[Image: 11.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When I feel I have a bad night (based on the AHI and not how I feel) I first look at my AHI data in Sleepyhead (SH). I have found it is high when I am asleep on my back or awake. When I disregard those readings, I can get a truer picture of what is really happening. I get quite a few periods of less than 1 most nights. My average is still well below 4. Matter of fact,my sleep doc and I were talking about that today.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS linked to flow rate or fluctuating breathing? Willgetthere 9 877 12-15-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: ancheero
Question AHI fluctuating from very low to high dfabro 16 2,589 10-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Apnea Infant

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.