Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fluctuations of AHI with airfit n20 and p10
Fluctuations of AHI with airfit n20 and p10
I have been on CPAP for 16 months and have experimented with various masks—nasal and pillow.i used the N20 for many months and was pleased with minimal leaks and AHI reading between .5 and 1.5.      

I ran across the P10 and absolutely loved the sheer minimalist light weight features of the mask.  I almost immediately noticed that I was, on a regular basis, getting more leaks and AHI readings from 1.4 to a high of 14.5 with the average being around 4.5

I consistently sleep 7.5 to 9 hours a night without the need to go to the bathroom.  I “think” I am feeling rested and don’t have the need to nap during the day.

My question is—should I be concerned with the fluctuations in AHI with the P10.  I assume that less AHIs are better than higher ones—but how much better?  What benchmark should I use?  Is how I feel the key or are the numbers indicative of other issues to be concerned with.

I am going back to the N20 for a few nights to see if AHI drop significantly.

As always appreciate the good comments I find on the forum. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fluctuations of AHI with airfit n20 and p10
Most say how you feel is the the most important guideline. That aside you want to get your AHI under 5. That is what Doctors are looking for in considering sleep apnea as being treated. Most people feel best when they're are under 2 AHI but everyone's different.

If you post a couple of charts it might help to figure out the cause.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,631 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,631 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,501 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,934 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,281 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.