Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time
Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time
Flummoxed.

My A10A didn't fall back like a normal human being. It's one hour ahead.

I've tried changing the time in the clinician's menu, but I get a message saying I can't enter a time that is before the current time. In other words, the machine doesn't understand the concept of falling back.

I missed my compliance obligation last night after I slept in and my time got booted to tonight.

Any ideas about how to get my A10A on a human schedule?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time
After 13:00 set it back 1hr before you use it for that afternoon evening? You cannot do it in the morning or if you have used it after noon
Post Reply Post Reply
That might be it. I'll try tomorrow.

No one else had this happen?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just set it to standard time and leave it alone.
There is no need to change it for DST or travel.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I set mine back this morning around 9am and had no issues. You’d think a modern machine would do it automatically though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2017, 08:01 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Just set it to standard time and leave it alone.
There is no need to change it for DST or travel.

It didn't adjust automatically. That's the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
First you want an Auto CPAP now you want a AUTO clock. Geez you want everything.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my ASV 1 hour back the Saturday night of the time change. Mine did OK as in no issues, but realistically it really is pointless IMO to change times on these blowers. Mine doesn't have an alarm clock, coffeemaker or anything like that...so just my opinion there. So, why did I change the setting? Uumm to see if I could I'd guess.

I'd be interested in an ASV by Bunn, Cuisinart, or Kitchenaid. Then I have the pressurized coffeemaker. Now how to keep the coffee off my face...add more of a separation silicone barrier to an Amara View to truly divide the nasal and mouth segments...hmm  Coffee Dave-ism for today
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2017, 10:51 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I changed my ASV 1 hour back the Saturday night of the time change. Mine did OK as in no issues, but realistically it really is pointless IMO to change times on these blowers. Mine doesn't have an alarm clock, coffeemaker or anything like that...so just my opinion there. So, why did I change the setting? Uumm to see if I could I'd guess.

I'd be interested in an ASV by Bunn, Cuisinart, or Kitchenaid. Then I have the pressurized coffeemaker. Now how to keep the coffee off my face...add more of a separation silicone barrier to an Amara View to truly divide the nasal and mouth segments...hmm  Coffee Dave-ism for today

Getting away from my APAP's lack of cooperation with DST, this is quite a concept you have, using the APAP to make coffee. I'm thinking INSTEAD we have alternative energy powered by the wind coming out of the exhale valve while we sleep. A mini windmill that powers the white noise machine? A fan to keep you cool in summer? Charging your phone? What say you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm all for trying it. Might as well use my escaping CO2 for some good use.  Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.