Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flying with CPAP
RE: Flying with CPAP
The TSA screeners see Cpap machines all the time.
As medical equipment they do not count as an extra carry on bag.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys. I'll be flying to Singapore and Malaysia in a few weeks. Does anyone have any experience with CPAP at security there? Or usage while in country?
Post Reply Post Reply
Absolutely no problem in Singapore.

I haven't been to Malaysia for a while, but I have been to all the neighbouring countries recently - Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar and Laos and never had a problem in any of them. You'll need a plug adapter or two (I think Malaysia and Singapore both use the United Kingdom standard plug Type G). Depending on where you're staying most big hotels seem to provide sockets which can also accept EU and/or USA standard plugs.

If you're staying outside the big cities, you might consider using bottled water in your humidifier. My rule of thumb is to use bottled water if the local tap water is considered not safe to drink. In Singapore and Kuala Lumpur just use tap water.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a surge suppressor always...and have an extension cord too. Reason is that receptacles are often in use before I arrive, or their too far away.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying in Europe with full size APAP SteadyAir 16 3,008 07-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  Flying and using machine on a flight? Can it help SpO2 at high altitude? MyronH 10 2,442 04-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Matt00926
  CPAP carry-on case and flying question? S.L. Ping Beauty 30 4,279 07-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
Question Flying with cpap FozzyDaBear 16 2,808 01-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Last Post: cant_sleep_in_nj
  Flying / Travelling with a Dreamstation SleepyOzzy 5 1,614 08-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SleepyOzzy
  Traveling/Flying with CPAP Machine ImaSurvivor 68 23,022 01-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  Flying with CPAP zonk 1 2,083 07-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Last Post: DocWils

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.