Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Foam Removal - Philips System One
RE: Foam Removal - Philips System One
I found that removing the foam made little difference to sound levels. 

I suggest that you have two options

1. Open the machine. If the foam is degrading remove it immediately. If not. Just keep it 

2. Remove the foam regardless of its condition. 

P
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice.   I'm debating whether or not to remove the foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2023, 04:15 PM)peewee44 Wrote: I found that removing the foam made little difference to sound levels. 

It's not the sound level that worries me, it's the opening of the air path to unfiltered air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone suggest an alternative foam and where to purchase it in the United States?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2023, 09:10 AM)jojopuppyfish Wrote: Can anyone suggest an alternative foam and where to purchase it in the United States?

Thus far nothing has been proposed.

It's an odd thickness (see earlier in this thread).
The was some discussion about possibly using 2 thinner sheets but nothing ever came from that.

A big issue is finding a safe foam. Not a lot have been tested or marketed as such.
Post Reply Post Reply
I opened up my machine last night. No dust inside the machine and the foam looks good as new.
I still working on trying to move away from them though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,215 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,879 9 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,811 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 269 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 225 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.