Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with Mask
Need help with Mask
I have drawer full of unused mask and currently using the Quattro Air (having bridge of nose problems) this was the first mask given to me 11 months ago. I've tried the sleep weaver advance (felt sufficated) with chin strap, and the Amara view(leaked and made noises) . I feel like I'm ready for nasal pillows Airfit F10 or Swift fx and I know the problem of headgear slipping on P10 however I'm so ready to not have a full mask on my face. I sleep on my side and do not toss and turn but maybe 1x at night. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with Mask
Hi Judy1843,
Have you tried the AirFit F10?
I tried the Amara View but I couldn’t continue using it because air got into my eyes, no matter how lose or tight it was, and I had trouble with that nose slot they have on it.
You will just have to try a pillows mask to see how you do with it, more trial and error, I know, it is very frustrating and it seems like you’ll never find a mask that will work, but you will get there.
Good luck to you with your mask trials.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Try using Elmers glue stick. (non-toxic) That will provide a tacky surface for you and prevent leaks.
(assuming you washed all skin oil off your face first and the mask seal)

(low tech / low cost)

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2015, 02:19 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Judy1843,
Have you tried the AirFit F10?
I tried the Amara View but I couldn’t continue using it because air got into my eyes, no matter how lose or tight it was, and I had trouble with that nose slot they have on it.
You will just have to try a pillows mask to see how you do with it, more trial and error, I know, it is very frustrating and it seems like you’ll never find a mask that will work, but you will get there.
Good luck to you with your mask trials.

Thank you!! Yes I'm having problems with the nose slot also and thought the Amara was the answer to having nose bridge problems with the Quattro air. I tried Geiko, blister gel bandaids,breath right and last padding with cotton rounds with mask liner worked best and do not pull the skin off my nose! Whew it really gets exhausting not sure I want to use a glue stick on the old nose at this junction
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy try a Simplus if you want to stay with a FFM. Wife healed a bad sore caused by a Quatro while using a Simplus.
Its my back up mask of choice if I have to forego my Eson nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Judy

I use the nasal pillows, it took a bit of fidgeting to get it right but here's what I found works... For me anyways.
When placing the mask I seat the pillows very gently to my nostrils, I then place the first headband directly to the back, almost on the back of my neck. The second band I have placed right at the crown of my head .. This allows the mask to be pulled back keeping it fairly secure to the head and pulled up keeping it fairly snug to my nose. Once the air starts flowing I flare my nostrils once or twice..this allows the pillows to seat pretty well to stave off any leaks.
Generally speaking the back side of themask (the closest to my lips) just barely sit away from my face... If I pucker up my top lip presses against the mask.

Doing this each time affords me a pretty stable fit which keeps my leaks to a minimum as well I can turn on my side pretty confident that the mask won't move too much.
One other thing I do is drape the hose over my headboard..coming from the back over the top towards the bed. This allows my hose to be suspended above me so I don't get tangled in the hose so much when turning.

This works for me anyway. I've not had issues with nose irritation doing things this way.

Good luck Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,533 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,222 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,428 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,838 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,534 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.