Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Collecting CPAP Data When There's no SD Card
Collecting CPAP Data When There's no SD Card
Hello all,

First post here!

After completing my first sleep study last month, a moderate-to-severe OSA (among other lesser things found) was diagnosed. the sleep doc prescribed CPAP therapy at a setting of 18cm.

DME supplier delivered the machine a couple days ago. A Respironics System One Remstar. Mask is a ResMed "Quattro Air". So far, the thing is working great! Only issue to work out is that I end up with severe dry mouth after a couple hours - but that's a different thread. Smile

I'd like to use Sleepyhead to analyze data, but there's a hitch...
The DME company installed a 3G modem in place of the SD Card, that transmits compliance data directly back to them (they then forward it to the insurance company). I don't see any other slot on the modem or machine where I can plug the SD card in.

Does anyone have any advice on how I might obtain my compliance data from the machine?

Thanks!
-Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Collecting CPAP Data When There's no SD Card
The SD card slot is currently hidden by the 3G modem.

As I recall, it is possible to take the modem off, insert a card (if there's not one there) and put the modem back on. The machine will then send out the data over the modem AND record it to the SD card.

I don't know how hard it is to remove and reattach the modem. Did you get a user's manual for the modem?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
according to a thread on "another forum" the card can be used with the modem, you just have to remove the modem to get at the card.

dang it, too slow, beaten by the robysue Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Modem for Respironics System One CPAP Machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY1GkmAaOE4

You can remove the modem and take the SD card out
Make sure to put everything back in place once you download the data on your computer

Welcome to Apnea Board, fotoflojoe
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fotoflojoe,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick responses! Thanks

The delivery technician installed the modem - I wasn't paying too much attention while she did this. It looked like it was an either-or situation between modem and sd card. The card went in without a problem.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,132 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  [Pressure] Fairly new to CPAP, need help interpreting OSCAR data Maverick3u3 5 300 02-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Maverick3u3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.