Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Follow Up
Follow Up
Hello, just wanted to say thank you to everyone and provide a follow up with the first few days results from my recent upgrade. I had posted an earlier thread about updating my 10 year old equipment and taking the therapy a little more seriously. I had several problems to investigate/resolve and that thread can be located here for anyone else with similar scenario apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-10-years-upgrade-time

I ended up getting a new dreamstation dx500t11 ($409 best price between this and Airsense 10) along with several mask types/brands/configurations (Nuance pro, Swift FX Nano, Amara View and Simplus FFM). I also ordered a cpap comfort cover and bought a samsung gear S3 to track sleep (along with other things). I purchased a couple mouth guards to try and started using the built in humidifer again.

I learned I am a mouth breather, even struggling while awake to consistently breathe through my nose. I believe this is the result of adenoids surgery to repair hearing loss as a child. I learned I prefer a FFM with all things being equal, probably institutionalized about it at this point but nasal masks make me feel congested like I'm trying to blow my nose but I can't, also gave me puffy eyes. I cannot sleep with mouth guards in but I would really like to, seems it would help any grinding of teeth too. I just learned, in general, to pay more attention to certain aspects of my self and my habits from forums like this pointing out things you may not consider on their own merit.

I am still trying different things and verifying a few others. I haven't tried the Amara yet as I am still waiting for the cushion. Healthcare is out of control, it's ridiculous that you have to skirt policy by purchasing individual components rather than complete items without an "updated" prescription...for a condition that has no cure...to get a machine that will help you help yourself. This makes it more cost effective to go completely out of pocket and just avoid the healthcare system altogether, applying office visits and consultation costs to more equipment.

so the for TL/DR:
My current preferred setup is DX500T11, APAP 8.0-12.0 (may narrow this to 9.0-11.0?) A-flex 3, Humidity 3, Mask Type 0, F&P Simplus with comfort care cover. The machine reports 1.8 AHI for the last 3 nights but sleepyhead disagrees on one of those nights. I'm starting to wake up feeling better but not sure how these charts stack up or how to grade my current status. Also, not really sure how good I can get

I would also like to give a shout out to these covers (No links allowed..I am not affiliated, just a legit customer). They eliminated all of my leaks, allowed me to loosen the headgear/mask overall and eliminated the need for bandages on my nose bridge. Worth the cost for the pair: search "the smile" for CPAP Comfort Cover - Mask Liner for Air Leaks & Skin Irritation - Reusable

The Gear S3 has also confirmed the efficiency of my sleep rating it 95% on average. I find having the additional input of the devices charts to coincide with these charts to be useful but probably not worth the cost on its own. The other features of the device made it a "nice to have"

So again, thank you all. Feel free to opine on anything here: equipment, configuration, charts or otherwise. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Follow Up
Thanks for the update. Keep up your work in progress to better sleep and health.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fat1,
It sounds like you are taking your CPAP therapy mor seriously, that's great to hear.
Keep up the good work, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't post links or charts yet but sitting at 1.8ish with a few disruptions I need to sort. still don't sleep enough hours but that's not the apnea's fault.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,130 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Questions about first follow up with Dr after starting cpap JulieK 2 593 06-29-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need guidance for complex sleep apnea and leaks follow-up jmayer180 110 7,109 03-19-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Follow Up Visit & Sleep Study is here :) Abletree 1 652 11-28-2021, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Abletree
  Complex Apnea follow-up jmayer180 2 587 11-14-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jmayer180
  Allergy Filter Follow-Up FLcracker 1 523 11-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Follow up on my OSCAR readings please planetf1 1 488 04-22-2021, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.