Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Follow up... AirSense 10 pressure increasing
Follow up... AirSense 10 pressure increasing
I posted before about my issue with Dreamwear causing my pressure to increase way above my usual. Well, I tried Swift Nano and also had higher than usual pressures, plus I couldn't keep it in place... Small headgear is too large. I brought the machine and mask into the DME today. They put me on Dreamwear and watched the pressure climb for no reason. They called ResMed who talked for a long time and agreed to replace my young machine.

Here comes the shocker. The new machine DID THE SAME THING. So, the clever therapist put Dreamwear on and sat on my machine for a long time. She never got above 4.1 while I was at 8 after a few short minutes, wide awake, of course!!!! So.... They think it's me (obviously it is!) but no one including me thinks the obstruction is my upper airway. They had me do all kinds of stuff with my neck and everything. They settled on obstruction in my lungs, which I do have, but which is not bad at all now. I find it odd that it's been so consistent. The FFMs never had the pressure increase so they are thinking that it let excess pressure out instead of alerting the machine that there was obstruction to treat. I don't have much obstructive apnea to begin with.

Does this sound likely and what can I do? For now we are decreasing the top pressure setting so I can get by... Above 8 and I can't keep my lips sealed even with tape. Plus, the noise bothers me. I'm used to an average of 6.6 which worked well with the Amara. I'm not thrilled, after being so excited about getting a new machine and a fix for this problem.... Not only do I still have the problem, but they think there is something else wrong with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Follow up... AirSense 10 pressure increasing
How long have you been using the AirSense 10? Are you in "Autoset for Her" mode? If so, have you tried the regular "Autoset" mode?

Not knowing you or your condition, I can't really suggest much. Auotset uses a slightly different algorithm than the "for her" mode. If that doesn't work, maybe discuss with your doctor if you should be on straight CPAP with a fixed pressure. EPR is available on CPAP mode too so that can provide some relief.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been with this model and CPAP for 6.5 months. I'm in regular Autoset mode, always have been. My doctor didn't order For Her and I don't have the For Her machine now.... It was noisy and I had a warranty replacement.

I have had my EPR set at 3, always. The DME suggested fixed pressure but I think my doctor might be away. I also like the idea of having my pressure adjust.... But I'll do whoever it takes, fixed pressure is fine. I just don't get what is going on!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I see. Your profile says you have the "for her" version hence my question.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,189 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.