Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose cleaning
RE: Hose cleaning
Have been using vinegar and water for about 5 years every week to clean hose mask and water container. no problems so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in the category that uses Dawn dish detergent and very warm water. Immerse the hose in water, letting it soak a few minutes. Rinse fully, then air dry while draped over shower curtain rod. This is done occasionally, as in probably quarterly, AKA every three months or so. Other parts get the same.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Baby shampoo and hot water for most of my equipment, but for the hose I use the hose cleaning rod and round patch. It's not unlike cleaning a rifle barrel, except the rod doesn't go all the way through.
I'll run the patch back and forth "scrubbing" down just over half the hose, flip it around and do the same on the other end.
Then I'll flood the hose with hot water, roll it back and forth to clear the suds, and hang it with the ends down over the shower door to dry.

May still be some water droplets that evening, but the airflow quickly dries them.

I'll do this maybe once a month.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Still wet when you go to bed? Believe it or not, some folks actually hook up equipment to make their air wet. You are getting it for free. Don't complain. Just go with it.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine when I get to it (always at least once a month). I just hang it over the shower curtain pole. If you have issues with bathroom germs, then hang it from a hanger hung over a door near your bedroom with a towel underneath.
Post Reply Post Reply
vinegar each 2 weeks, then sent free soap and water
Post Reply Post Reply
To dry hose faster, with your resmed    under option run mask fit
it will blow air thru the hose and dry it pretty fast
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2018, 07:38 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I don't wash mine. That's one option. Another is to have two hoses and rotate them so they have time to dry.

I thought I was the only one and I thought I would get scolded for saying that.

My hose simply doesn't get dirty. I never see it wet inside. (Maybe when the disgusting moist summer comes, things will be different) 

As for how I cleaned it before I stopped... 

Me:

Bucket on floor. Hose held over bucket. Hose blasted with sink sprayer nozzle. No soap. Hose hung over cloths drying rack. Bucket water used to cook broccoli. No. Used to wash floor. Zero waste. Everybody wins.

I have no problem using a wet hose. The whole point is for air to blow through so it's automatically  getting dry as I use it. 

I may rinse it again when I have nothing better to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey lolagirl welcome to the forum!

Only thing I have to add to the above is that when I wash my hose every 3-4 weeks, I then suspend it over a vent in the house where it blows air through it and leave for a couple of days. I rotate between 2 hoses.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Another method for drying.
Connect to your CPAP (make sure you have water in your humidifier) and engage your pre-heat function, that will warm up your humidifier, then start a 10 minute timer, then enter a cool down cycle unless you intervene.  That should dry it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,791 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.