Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

For All You Athiests and Agnostics Out There
Saying God does not exist is like saying the sun does not exist because:it got dark last night.Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not agnostic or atheist.
I am deist.
That makes me a heathen with dangerous ideas.
Big Grin
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe, but I've got a pretty good idea.

Okay, that's from Kevin Smith, but I think it is a good attitude.

Oh, and I AM an atheist, thank God.
Post Reply Post Reply

*whistles innocently* I get the feeling this thread is flame bait so I'll not comment further.

Peace, Love and Carrots!

=^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh-jeez

'Nuff Said

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2013, 07:01 PM)Shastzi Wrote: *whistles innocently* I get the feeling this thread is flame bait so I'll not comment further.

Peace, Love and Carrots!

=^.^=

Actually it is a quote from Bill Maher, and I just thought it was funny. I am not that clever.

Post Reply Post Reply

Really? I thought Maher was an atheist. Of course, he was also a liberal dove before 9/11 and then he became a rabid hawk, so what do I know?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2013, 09:24 PM)Schnauzers 5 Wrote: Actually it is a quote from Bill Maher, and I just thought it was funny. I am not that clever.

Thank the powers-that-be; I thought you were trying to start another religion "war". oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2013, 12:41 PM)DocWils Wrote: Really? I thought Maher was an atheist. Of course, he was also a liberal dove before 9/11 and then he became a rabid hawk, so what do I know?

If he was a hawk after 9/11 he's reverted to a dove.

And he is not a believer in a deity. Interesting point made by Neil deGrass Tyson: Why do we have a word or words for that? Not being convinced of the existence of something places you in a category that has a name!

And I'm also reminded of the old Aggie joke (yes, here in Texas we love our Aggie jokes and the best place to hear them is on the A&M campus in College Station).

The Aggies wrote a letter to NASA proposing a manned-mission to the sun. NASA wrote back telling them it's too hot to land on the sun. The Aggies wrote back telling them that the plan was to land at night. Laugh-a-lot
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I heard the same joke in Switzerland, only instead of Aggies (isn't that a type of marble?) we used Appenzellern (a mountain region that produces cheese and .... oh, wait... just cheese.....). The joke, so far as I know, started in the UK and the dunce was an Irishman. It might have been David Frost who first coined it on TW3, which was not above the odd bit of racial humour, although its main focus was political satire.

As for mister Tyson, the answer is we have a term in medicine for that - we call it Normandatus.
Post Reply Post Reply