Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: For All You Athiests and Agnostics Out There
They are called Aggies because Texas A & M is an agricultural college. I think the A and M are for Agriculture and Mechanics although of course they are much more than that.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-14-2013 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

Yep, I was right. I love it when I'm right. I've not been much lately, though. Oh-jeez

Quote:What does "A&M" stand for?
Texas A&M, the state's first public institution of higher education, was opened on Oct. 4, 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, and at that time the "A" and "M" initials were used to abbreviate the name components. When the institution gained university status in 1963, the "A&M" representation (no periods, no spaces and with an ampersand) was incorporated into the official name in deference to the institution's history and rich traditions, but the individual letters no longer explicitly stand for anything.

What is an Aggie?
An Aggie is a student at Texas A&M University. In the early 1900s A&M students were referred to as Farmers. The term Aggie began to be used in the 1920s and in 1949, when the yearbook changed its name to Aggieland, Aggie became the official student body nickname.*
*Source: Texas A&M Traditions and Spirit, by C.J. Bible

source: http://www.tamu.edu/about/facts/faq.html

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-14-2013 07:17 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

Texas A&M at College Station is a premier engineering college. I was quite surprised to learn that the major source of the Aggie jokes are the Aggies themselves. The main drag runs in a direction that is about 10 degrees out of parallel with true north. No problem. They happily refer to that direction as "Aggie north" and of course everyone immediately gets the idea that they enjoy making fun of themselves.

When you walk across the busy campus, flat as the coastal prairie by the way, you are often greeted by strangers with a friendly "Howdy". Even the elevators do it!

Oh! Here's another one. Did you know that you can graduate without taking any classes? You just drive around the campus for four years in a pickup truck and they'll throw your diploma in the back.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-14-2013 09:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

Snort. Love that one.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-14-2013 10:37 PM