Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

For Her results compared to CPAP
For Her results compared to CPAP
So I used the For Her last night. Supposed all things considered, it can be called a good night.

However, what I expected was for a result closer to AHI of zero or at least a low >1 which I had been getting often with CPAP. Attached last nights data and also the night before for comparison. It appears that last night's AHI of 1.08 as compared with the night before of 0.8 is worse and with comparatively phenomenal flow limits. Why is this happening? Is the reduction in pressure with APAP causing flow limits to register before it automatically bumps up for obstructions. 

Must say though that tidal volume is better 95% @ 420  for APAP compared to usual 95% @ 380 for CPAP

I know one nights readings do not a trend make but..............am I one of those cases where CPAP is better than APAP?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: For Her results compared to CPAP
The difference from one night to the next is almost nothing. I wouldn't base anything on it. I'll bet the for her model being the newer one maybe just that much better at picking up flow restrictions and events. But like I said it's too small a change to point at anything.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Overall, not much difference in results. Flow limits and leaks were higher with the For Her, and that alone could explain the transient CA events. I agree with Walla that there isn't much to differentiate the AHI, and one night is not a fair comparison considering the changes this makes. I would expect that after a week, you will have enough information to make a comparison, both in terms of the numerical AHI and how you feel.

With Autoset, you will nearly always average your maximum set pressure due to the flow limitations. In your case, we have to limit the maximum pressure for comfort and aerophagia, so you may end up setting your maximum pressure set equal to your recent CPAP pressure, for comfort and ending up with the same results. You are getting about 15 minutes at the beginning of the session at lower pressure until the flow limits force the auto pressure to the maximum, so I really don't expect much difference for you in CPAP compared to Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Consider that the lowest AHI might not be your best night of sleep. When you sleep better, you may need more therapy, not less. Go by how it makes you feel when the results are low.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
So embarrassingly, the last 2 nights as attached is better than the first night. Sorry for being hysterical.

https://imgur.com/a/DayX0

But...........something strange happened last night from which I have attached 3 screenshots. I remember a rain-out as evidenced by the breaks as I dried myself off a couple of times. Then I found I could not breathe and had to breathe out hard as evidenced between 05.15 and 06.00 It was by accident that I brushed my hand against the mask that I realised that there was no 'designed leaks' i.e. my expiration was not escaping. I started to develop a headache and realised in retrospect that I must have been breathing my own CO2 during that period. I got up, dried out the holder of the pillows and changed to another pillow. Ensured there was intentional leaks through the mask before settling down to try to sleep and finally managed to get another hours sleep, thank goodness.

I know London is not colder than Scotland nor parts of the US and Canada but last night was the coldest here at -3*. Also had to reduce the humidity from 4 to 3 as the colder air in the tube was not able to hold humidity and hence the rain out, I think. Does anyone have any other view as to what was happening to me last night?

Does rain out cause the intentional leak vents to be closed?

Post Reply Post Reply
I found it took a few days for the machine to get used to me, then after a while I rarely get much AHIs at all, except last night when I knocked the nasal pillows off and got a nasty red angry face this morning.  One nostril was breathing without the machine Rolleyes  I think you need a week to get used to each other.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes your right about moisture clogging up the P10 vents. Your also right about turning down the humidifier as a cure. Two other things you can do instead of turning down the humidifier is increase temp on a heated hose or use a hose cover if your not using one.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Fab, thanks for that Walla x2.

Yes I have read much about the hose cover and will look into it or make something this xmas break. Thinking I needed to help warm the tube up I placed it under the duvet which I have never had to do nor have done before last night and that helped too.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, the heated hose eliminates a lot of rainout, but not all of it. I still get rainout problems now and then. Can't even say it is a certain time of year. Almost seems random. Of course now, with my wires broken because I stepped on my hose (again), I've nothing to prevent rainout. Sigh. Think it's time to buy a hose cozy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my FWIW: heated hose is a must for me. The prior blower, the DreamStation BiPAP had lots of moisture in the non heated hose. Never had one with it for the 3 months it was here. Almost every setting caused the hose to collect moisture. Now on my ResMed ASV and the heated hose, zero moisture, rain-out, etc. My settings are manual 8/8 & 86°F BTW, so if one sets self up for rain-out, that should be me.

If you can get the heated hose, it would be a plus. I have yet to get the cover, but that can't hurt either. And it's on my wish list. (Heard it helps keep it warm when I breathe coffee fumes from humidifier tub. Coffee )

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 130 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.