Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

For those using Nasal Pillows
For those using Nasal Pillows
How often do you need to replace them? Also, with the Dreamwear, how often do you need to replace the silicone headgear portion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: For those using Nasal Pillows
I replace my nasal pillows about once every three or 4 months when new supplies come in. I wipe them nightly with a CPAP wipe and they stay new looking and soft. Hard to wear them out if you keep them clean and out of the sun.
Sorry, no info on the other part of your questions.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no set time. Here's a link to a thread that talks about replacing parts. Also you can do a search and find lot's of threads that talk about it.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t+schedule
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Snore of Thunder, I got a ResMed CPAP, with a nasal mask (an earlier generation than the P12) in '12 and wasn't told about replacing consumables.  I used the same nasal mask for over six years without a problem until it partially dissolved last December.  

I expect to replace the pillow part about every six months.  However, I'm a little leery of the elastic headbands and if they get too soft, I'll replace the pillows when I replace the headgear.

My suggestion is to accept the first replacement consumables your DME offers so you have replacements on hand, then just decline additional parts until you use one of your spares.

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all that replied. I used my last mask for over 5 years with just weekly vinegar cleaning, but replaced the cushion every 3 or 4 months. Never once replaced the hose. But this  is all because my deductible wasn't met so I bought from amazon or others.

For this new equipment (I've had for 1 month now) but swapped out the AirTouch F20 for the Dreamwear pillows 2 weeks ago. I'm wondering when my DME is going to offer replacing that?
Post Reply Post Reply
What all these threads boil down to for me is this: 

a. Use CPAP components until obviously broken, obsolete, or simply worn to the extent that they no longer provide the intended functions reliably.  

b. Do clean and sterilize at least the hose and cushion about once a week. 

c. Do inspect the filter twice monthly, and replace it with a new one when it is obviously discoloured or damaged. 

d. Stock at least one of each component to have it handy should the need to replace a defective or worn component become urgently necessary.

e. Help to extend the lives of our landfills. Do not discard obviously working components simply due to the recommendations for periodic replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I replaced the hose once, never the pillows in the last 3 years, i rinse daily
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 385 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 861 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.