Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

For us totally in the dark noobs...
For us totally in the dark noobs...
Would it be possible for someone to post a glossary of tech terms, such as 'HSI, DME, EPR, AHI (I see that last one a lot) etc...so we might be able to readily understand more of what we're reading?

Or if something like that already exists, please point me/us to the area where they could be found...

Thanks much!

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: For us totally in the dark noobs...
(10-20-2014, 05:57 AM)FLcracker Wrote: Would it be possible for someone to post a glossary of tech terms, such as 'HSI, DME, EPR, AHI (I see that last one a lot) etc...so we might be able to readily understand more of what we're reading?

Or if something like that already exists, please point me/us to the area where they could be found...

Thanks much!

FLc

Hi FLcracker.

A list of acronyms does exist. You will find it by clicking on the Wiki button at the top of the page. (Right under the forum title.) Then lok on the left side under navigation. The first item is a list of terms relevant to sleep apnea, the second item is a list of acronyms (abbreviations). I hope these help you.

Post Reply Post Reply
They have... in the Wiki

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I had responded a 'thank you' for that info...but I don't see one...

Just what I needed...printed out the pages, and have them close to consult when needed...really helps immensely.

Trying hard to absorb as much as I can without becoming to overwhelmed.

On a good note, Mizz Cracker is improving considerably....3 weeks today. I'm sure she'll even do better as soon as I can find a card reader, and get the SH software into operation....

Best,

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2014, 01:19 PM)FLcracker Wrote: I'm sure she'll even do better as soon as I can find a card reader, and get the SH software into operation....

Search [link removed] for "sd card reader". They're dirt cheap. My laptop can read SD cards but I have a few USB adapters kicking around that came with SD cards I bought for my camera.

Here's one for two bucks with free shipping:[link removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Card readers at Walmart or on Amazon. About the same price for low cost stuff like this and you have to wait a few days for Amazon but if you don't have time to drive to Walmart it will just show up if ordered from Amazon.

To speed you learning curve only "study" post that are either generic, specific to JUST you machine, or specific to the type of machine (and discussing issues rather than features only specific to some other machine.)

You don't need to learn everything and that isn't likely possible in a VERY short time (e.g., a week to a month.)

My business is teaching people vast amounts of information and also HOW TO LEARN such material and it was nearly overwhelming for me the first few days.

The old joke: How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am totally lost gaydolphinorgy 4 799 01-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Really new, left in dark by doctors ConorRyan2612 18 1,740 11-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Self Diagnosis and stumbling in the dark Strawman 23 2,352 10-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  I am TOTALLY (and hopelessly) lost! Danno54 31 3,279 06-26-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Putting ResMed Air Fit P10 on in the dark Sultec 9 1,492 06-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Last Post: NotADr
  Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated! michael9346 51 7,656 07-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Totally Disappointed bricki 23 4,064 06-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bricki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.