Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot DST Change - OSCAR and O2 Ring out of sync
Forgot DST Change - OSCAR and O2 Ring out of sync
I forgot to change the time on my ResMed AirSense machine back on November 1 when we went from Daylight to Standard Time.

Either I changed the time on my Wellue O2 Ring or it knows about DST.

I hadn't imported data into OSCAR or brought in the Pulse-Ox data for about five weeks. Today I imported the AirSense data via the SD card and imported a couple of O2 Ring days of data. That's when I discovered the time offset of 58 minutes (the O2 Ring was always running about two minutes off of the ResMed CPAP and I haven't been able to figure out why).

Is there any way to offset one set of data or the other to synch them? Ideally I could subtract the 58 minutes from the ResMed data in OSCAR because the time on the O2 Ring is correct. But even adding 58 minutes to the O2 Ring would be fine as I'm not that interested in the absolute time. It's more important to get the two time streams synched.

You can see the 58 minute offset on the attached file.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forgot DST Change - OSCAR and O2 Ring out of sync
We cannot change the machine time-stamp after the fact. Just leave it at Standard time. What's the difference?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"What's the difference?"

I've got two time streams out of sync. I cannot compare SpO2 data to ResMed data at any point in time.

I do not understand your question. If you have multiple time series of data, you want the to be in sync on the display.
Post Reply Post Reply
I neglected to consider you are syncing more than one device. It makes sense that both should be in sync. We get lots of people posting about time changes, and it's usually unnecessary to change time on the machines, and can cause problems. Mia culpa.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would setting the oximeter to the same time as whatever is on the PAP resolve it for you? I say changing the oximeter time as it's more likely to be easier than changing the PAP clock backward.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can sync the wellue wrist oximeter to your computer clock with the O2 Insight software / configure. I do this every time I connect the computer to the oximeter. This assures that the oximeter remains in does is always synced with the computer, and therefore presumably with OSCAR. Of course you need to tell Oscar about the time change. It may be possible to change your computer time zone temporarily in order to retroactively adjust for the dates that are out of sync.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 642 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,296 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 506 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 563 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
  Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks coldfeet7 16 1,941 09-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.