Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot password. Really hard to get back in
RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in
(05-27-2012, 12:16 PM)Harry Wrote: I think I may have an oxygen deficit at night when I'm sleeping on the Cpap and will get check for that next week

You can also lok at the waveform and see how long the apneas last. The longer they last the lower the O2 level and the greater the chance of arousal.

Quote:I wonder if the wear and tear could have caused some malfunction. What's the best place to get a machine checked out and serviced or refurbished. Can they go back to resmed?

I don't know. Maybe check with your DME?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good suggestion to look at the waveform and I'll try that but I'm not sure how to get that out of the software? Any tips

Also I bought a non recording oxygen meter that I thought I would keep beside the bed and when I wake take a reading.

If I'm running a deficit at night after I'm awake for a few minutes until I can get the reading I would think the deficit old remain, or would it go back to normal as soon as I was awake?

Anybody know?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not familiar with the Rescan software. SleepyHead is free, will work with your machine, and will also incorporate oximeter data. In SleepyHead I just left-click on the waveform to zoom in. Or use the up arrow.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it would return to normal as soon as the apnea event ends and you breathe again.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's really hard to get on with your username and password. I wasn't on for several months because it wouldn't except me. Finally I had to register under Facebook. I think if you're not on for awhile, you stop being remembered.
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you referring to not being able to log into this particular forum?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2013, 11:31 PM)Kate Wrote: Yes, it's really hard to get on with your username and password. I wasn't on for several months because it wouldn't except me. Finally I had to register under Facebook. I think if you're not on for awhile, you stop being remembered.

(12-04-2013, 11:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Are you referring to not being able to log into this particular forum?

This forum has no connection with Facebook. You can only log in from our login page. Our forum does not "lose" or "forget" your username or password - it's there permanently unless you personally change it.

If anyone has forgotten their password, please follow the instructions on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/member....ion=lostpw

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2012, 12:16 PM)Harry Wrote: I slept better with the new machine but the ahi report was significantly higher.

I think I may have an oxygen deficit at night when I'm sleeping on the Cpap and will get check for that next week

The older machine I have has been on the road with me for almost two years. Broken down and traveled with about 40 times.

I wonder if the wear and tear could have caused some malfunction. What's the best place to get a machine checked out and serviced or refurbished. Can they go back to resmed?
Does anybody know
Thanks

Hi Harry,

If the older machine was an S9 Elite and your new machine is an S9 Autoset, then perhaps the self-adjusting capability is helping.

If the older machine was an S8 model or an S9 Escape Auto model and your new machine is an S9 AutoSet then that may explain it. The S8 AutoSet and the S9 Escape Auto do not have the "Enhanced" AutoSet algorithm used in the S9 AutoSet and S9 VPAP Auto.

If both the older and newer machine have the exact same model name, then I am surprised the new one works better (if using same pressure or pressure range).

I think most firmware changes are only to adapt to newer/cheaper components, not to change the treatment algorithms, and I think there usually is no benefit to upgrading to a newer firmware version, if available.

You can call ResMed customer service and give them the serial numbers of your machines and they should be able to help you understand your options.

If you wanted your old machine checked out by resMed it would need to be sent to ResMed by a Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider. ResMed does not accept machines for repair directly from end customers, only from DMEs. Can be any DME; does not need to be the original selling DME. But before you consider doing that, investigate prices for used equipment available online at places like Supplier #2. A used machine in good condition may be a better deal than paying for a check-up or repair.

(A link to our Supplier List is at top of every forum page. Apnea Board does not receive any financial benefit when members use suppliers on the supplier list. It is simply offered as a resource for finding suppliers which, as far as we know, are reliable.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 146 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 191 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,381 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 587 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 978 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 443 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.