Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot password. Really hard to get back in
Forgot password. Really hard to get back in
Had a virtually impossible time logging on. Would not take my password and would not take the one it gave me to replace. No time to post my question. Something quite difficult about this system. Has anybody else had this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in
(05-27-2012, 07:31 AM)Harry Wrote: Had a virtually impossible time logging on. Would not take my password and would not take the one it gave me to replace. No time to post my question. Something quite difficult about this system. Has anybody else had this problem.

I've never had the problem, I use the same password for everything so it's easy to remember. LOL.
There are people here that will help you figure it out and very quickly also. They are a great group of folks!
Post Reply Post Reply
It was considerably confusing and I think the process needs to be reviewed.
Post Reply Post Reply
My original question/post was regarding the use of two different resmed S9 machines.
On an older machine I got virtually no AHI reading and did not sleep well with it.
When I switched to a different machine the AHI reading was 4.5 and I seemed to sleep better.
What might explain this phenomenon
Post Reply Post Reply
The newer machine has newer firmware and is better at detecting events.

As for the log in, send a PM to SuperSleeper, explaining in detail the difficulties you had.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...essages-PM
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2012, 09:36 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The newer machine has newer firmware and is better at detecting events.

Just out of curiosity, because I do not have one of these machines so it might be a stupid question, is there a way to flash the firmware on these machines to upgrade to the latest version of firmware? Just kinda curious.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
That's really n interesting insight. So the older machines are giving inaccurate data to you and your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2012, 11:48 AM)Harry Wrote: So the older machines are giving inaccurate data to you and your doctor.

Anything that's newer is marketed as being better. If the new machine makes you feel better, it could be the placebo effect or it could be someting more tangible. The new machine reports a lower AHI, so it probably is something tangible.

It's not clear whether these improvements can be accomplished with a firmware update. It may be that the hardware is different. Also, it seems that manufacturers tend to make firmware updates hard or impossible to obtain.

For example, firmware upgrades on Respironics machines require a proprietary cable that's apparently unavailable to the public.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept better with the new machine but the ahi report was significantly higher.

I think I may have an oxygen deficit at night when I'm sleeping on the Cpap and will get check for that next week

The older machine I have has been on the road with me for almost two years. Broken down and traveled with about 40 times.

I wonder if the wear and tear could have caused some malfunction. What's the best place to get a machine checked out and serviced or refurbished. Can they go back to resmed?
Does anybody know
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,969 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 401 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 542 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,217 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.