Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot to hose up after bathroom break.
Forgot to hose up after bathroom break.
I just looked at Sleepyhead, and I was sleeping with my mask on, without the hose connected for about an hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forgot to hose up after bathroom break.
Common story - I've done it a few times myself. Does you machine have an auto start / autostop setting? That may help, though I have found it a bit erratic on my S9. You might also have a large leak alarm setting, which could help.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I get up to pee, I shut the power button off, then turn it back on when I lie back down.
I remember waking up and seeing my hose not on my mask. I saw the blank hour in Sleepyhead. I didn't realize it had been a full hour until I saw the sleep report. I also had a mask leak, because my
lower left side mask face strap came undone in my sleep when I shifted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh no! Unacceptable! You're grounded! Smile No, but in all seriousness it happens. How'd ha sleep the rest of the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 08:57 AM)truetopath Wrote: Oh no! Unacceptable! You're grounded! Smile No, but in all seriousness it happens. How'd ha sleep the rest of the night?

OK, but woke up in Aerophagia land.

(04-19-2015, 08:08 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Common story - I've done it a few times myself. Does you machine have an auto start / autostop setting? That may help, though I have found it a bit erratic on my S9. You might also have a large leak alarm setting, which could help.

I had DME shut the leak alarm off for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JVinNE,
Don't sweat it, it happens sometimes, just keep on going, better luck netx time.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I join the crew. Only once so far, but I sure felt worse the next day. Did get four hours with the hose connected though, so my technical "compliance" rate remains at 100%. So far that experience has been enough to make me double check after the bathroom breaks.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Those that have, those that will, and those that will never admit it.

Yep, more than once have I gotten up to go the bathroom (or feed the cat at 3 AM - he has us well trained), come back to bed, put the mask on and then go back to sleep. Forgot to hit the big black button and start the machine again. Feel like kitty crunchies in the morning.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 03:06 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Those that have, those that will, and those that will never admit it.

Yep, more than once have I gotten up to go the bathroom (or feed the cat at 3 AM - he has us well trained), come back to bed, put the mask on and then go back to sleep. Forgot to hit the big black button and start the machine again. Feel like kitty crunchies in the morning.

Homer

That is one powerful cat. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
So far I have been on CPAP for 4 years and have not forgotten to hose up after a break but I have plenty of time left and i am sure it will happen sometime. I have done plenty of other dumb things, so there is plenty of hope for me yet. Big Grin

Best Regards

PaytonA[/size]

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 526 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 617 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,513 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.