Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot to hose up after bathroom break.
RE: Forgot to hose up after bathroom break.
I have anxiety, and when I woke up this morning, I felt a bit anxious before taking my morning dose of anti-anxiety medication; which I have reduced a bit in the last ten days, then I went downstairs to look at Sleeepyhead, and I saw 0.0 AHI. I like that part.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2015, 08:17 AM)JVinNE Wrote: I have anxiety, and when I woke up this morning, I felt a bit anxious before taking my morning dose of anti-anxiety medication; which I have reduced a bit in the last ten days, then I went downstairs to look at Sleeepyhead, and I saw 0.0 AHI. I like that part.

Congrats on being able to reduce the med, and on the 0.0. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2015, 08:56 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 08:17 AM)JVinNE Wrote: I have anxiety, and when I woke up this morning, I felt a bit anxious before taking my morning dose of anti-anxiety medication; which I have reduced a bit in the last ten days, then I went downstairs to look at Sleeepyhead, and I saw 0.0 AHI. I like that part.

Congrats on being able to reduce the med, and on the 0.0. Smile

Thank you for your kindness. It's been tough going at times, but I'm trying my best.

Post Reply Post Reply
My cat occasionally shut my machine off by stepping on the button while trying to knock my little Bloclight off the nightstand. Having autostart on, it would start up again but it created spaces that confused me until I realized the Bloclight was always on the floor in the morning. When I get the new Airsense, she won't be able to do that AND I will Velcro the Bloclight on the new nightstand.

I'm surprised you're able to take the hose off the mask connection. Mine is really tight and a really struggle every time I want to disconnect for weekly cleaning. Is there a secret I don't know about or am I just wimpy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you!
I'm off the a-a meds with pap therapy.
Not getting a jolt of adrenalin every few minutes all night is a good thing! Smile
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 10:14 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: My cat occasionally shut my machine off by stepping on the button while trying to knock my little Bloclight off the nightstand. Having autostart on, it would start up again but it created spaces that confused me until I realized the Bloclight was always on the floor in the morning. When I get the new Airsense, she won't be able to do that AND I will Velcro the Bloclight on the new nightstand.

I'm surprised you're able to take the hose off the mask connection. Mine is really tight and a really struggle every time I want to disconnect for weekly cleaning. Is there a secret I don't know about or am I just wimpy?

you need the cpap in the drawer setup Big Grin

the hose connection looses a little - but i find its a technique. don't pull it, rock it back and forth a couple times.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still on the a-a meds. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 11:20 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I'm still on the a-a meds. Sad

you haven't been on pap for very long.
Positive thoughtsSleep-well

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 220 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 527 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 617 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,513 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.