Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot to lock my SD card...
Forgot to lock my SD card...
So I popped the card into the computers (Windows 10) and realized a moment later that I'd forgotten to lock the card.

I've looked through it with "show hidden files" selected in Windows Explorer, and can't see any files written during the relevant time. So I don't think but am not positive that there was nothing written to the card.

Can anyone tell me what to look for on the card to see if anything was written to it?

(I've now put a red post plastic PostIt flag with "Lock!" written on it on the card to remind me in the future. Doesn't seem to interfere with inserting it.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forgot to lock my SD card...
The writing of the system volume information to the drive is a problem on the ResMed S9. It didn't like having anything else on the card. ResMed corrected this problem on the A10's. You should be good to go.

Here is a script to turn the SysVol write option off/on on your computer.
Disable/Enable System Volume Writes
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also permanently resolve the lock/unlock SD card issue (although not a problem with the A10) by using a wireless SD card and transfer data wirelessly from your CPAP to your PC. The Sleepmaster or FlashPap programs will get this setup. Just click on the links below for either FlashPAP or Sleepmaster and you will find all the instructions well teased out. First though you will need to buy a wireless SD card. I use, as do many others here, the Toshiba FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Available on-line.

FlashPap:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rd-utility

Sleepmaster:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...leepmaster
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
MAC Users
The easiest way to do this is get the app CLEANUSBDRIVE from the Mac App Store
cheap to purchase (£1.69 in UK)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 679 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 596 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? Labromaniac 12 1,842 09-18-2022, 10:56 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  oscar forgot password, how to reset kbingel 3 1,469 09-29-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Forgot DST Change - OSCAR and O2 Ring out of sync SleepyTimeTime 5 1,283 12-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Grandpapa-G
  Forgot to lock my SD card, no new data recorded PanchoCole 6 1,594 12-30-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: PanchoCole
  Sleepyhead login - forgot password rpenguin 6 2,673 10-09-2017, 01:17 AM
Last Post: jpkmba

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.