Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot to put SD Card Back in, Lost Memory?
RE: Forgot to put SD Card Back in, Lost Memory?
It is all too easy to forget to put the SD back!

For me My computer in on the main floor & the bedroom is upstairs through a steep set of stairs more like a ladder & by the time I go to bed I am juiced up with Zopiclone & for thoughts & memory are impaired.
That's my excuse on top of being a hose head & Sh** happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two questions regarding 'data'. I'm not sure where this info came from but about one week ago the S9 told me that I had slept for 12 hrs!! That did not happen. I went to bed around 11:15 and got up at about 5:30 or so. Are there any ideas why the screen would indicate 12.0 hrs? Also, I'm avg about 3.5 AHI but last Tues showed 0.6 AHI. If there is a prior user to the S9, could that person's 'data' get mixed in with mine?Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 09:17 PM)AuntElizabeth Wrote: I have two questions regarding 'data'. I'm not sure where this info came from but about one week ago the S9 told me that I had slept for 12 hrs!! That did not happen. I went to bed around 11:15 and got up at about 5:30 or so. Are there any ideas why the screen would indicate 12.0 hrs? Also, I'm avg about 3.5 AHI but last Tues showed 0.6 AHI. If there is a prior user to the S9, could that person's 'data' get mixed in with mine?Unsure
cpap day start from noon to noon. naps are included in total of hours of sleep
once my S9 showed double sessions, slept 6.5 hours but showed 13 hours
not sure what happen ... maybe aliens again

I did unplug the machine and never seen the aliens again

AHI can vary from night to the next
if wanted, you can format the card or get a new card
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 09:40 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 09:17 PM)AuntElizabeth Wrote: I have two questions regarding 'data'. I'm not sure where this info came from but about one week ago the S9 told me that I had slept for 12 hrs!! That did not happen. I went to bed around 11:15 and got up at about 5:30 or so. Are there any ideas why the screen would indicate 12.0 hrs? Also, I'm avg about 3.5 AHI but last Tues showed 0.6 AHI. If there is a prior user to the S9, could that person's 'data' get mixed in with mine?Unsure
cpap day start from noon to noon. naps are included in total of hours of sleep
once my S9 showed double sessions, slept 6.5 hours but showed 13 hours
not sure what happen ... maybe aliens again

I did unplug the machine and never seen the aliens again

AHI can vary from night to the next
if wanted, you can format the card or get a new card

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with occasional strange numbers.Bigwink

Now your response raises two more questions for me.
How do I format the card? I have to go to the DME with my card on 2/18 so she can check if I'm compliant. Will formatting the card wipe out my prior information?
Post Reply Post Reply
It will completely erase the card but when you put it back in the machine, it will be re-written. All they want is the hours and that will be there. You'll get detailed data for the past 7 days then limited data for day 8 on back.

You can format the card by putting it in your computer, going to "My Computer", right clicking it's icon, and choose "format". But be careful and make sure you are right clicking on the correct drive! It will say SD Card or similar.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2013, 10:02 AM)AuntElizabeth Wrote: I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with occasional strange numbers.Bigwink

Now your response raises two more questions for me.
How do I format the card? I have to go to the DME with my card on 2/18 so she can check if I'm compliant. Will formatting the card wipe out my prior information?

I suggest not formatting the card until after you check compliance.

Take the water tank out before moving it, and take the whole machine to your DME appointment. Even if there are problems with the card, the data is in the machine itself.

S9 machines are sometimes "strange" about the current day's data. It counts a "day" as noon to noon. It also seems to not write the data out immediately. Sometimes data doesn't show up for some time after you turn the machine off. It also can do strange things if the clock is set wrong.

If the S9 seems squirrely, unplug the power for a minute or so and plug it back in.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2013, 04:03 PM)archangle Wrote: I suggest not formatting the card until after you check compliance.
I've never format anything but at times the S9 want to erase the data and write fresh one on the card
you must have a good reason
enlighten us, sil vous plait Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info on formatting the card. I'm reading the led screen every am right after sleep and the data seems to get written very quickly (no delays that I can determine). As a precaution, I'll bring both the 'data' card and the S9 with me to the DME (minus the humidifier). This DME likes to play her cards very close to the chest. I went in to pick up my new cushion on 1/31 and asked 'how am I supposed to know if I'm at 70%? Her response was that I'm not to worry about it and she will determine if I am. I don't like that and feel like I'm being treated like a child. I know something is wrong with the SD card because I downloaded the sleepyhead software about two weeks ago and it worked great for a few days (it wa giving me the graphs) but now it just gives AHI info and the little cube spins around saying 'no data'. Weird thing is the AHI it gives me in Sleepyhead doesn't agree with AHI shown on the led screen of the S9. I will request a new SD card frrm the DME and tell her upfront that I will be using the new Sleepyhead (when it comes out) and/or the Rescan to give me current data and that is the way it will have to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
when you insert the card into the machine
display a message briefly on the screen "Reading SD card"
and data get copied from the machine to the card

if any problem with the card, the S9 would not read the card and display different message
either the card inserted in locked position
or the S9 detect something written on the card and she like to erase the data on the card before coping new data on the card
its weirdo but that how it works

ResScan shows better compliance reporting but don,t work with Mac computers

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2013, 08:05 PM)AuntElizabeth Wrote: I will request a new SD card from the DME and tell her upfront that I will be using the new Sleepyhead (when it comes out) and/or the Rescan to give me current data and that is the way it will have to be.

Hi AuntElizabeth, welcome to Apnea Board!

You don't need to request a card from the DME.

I bought a package of two SD cards at Walmart for around $10. The SD card only needs to be 1GB capacity, but I think the ones I got were 2G and work great. I think some S9 machines are not able to work with SD cards larger than 2GB, but more recently manufactured S9 machines can handle the larger capacity SD cards as well.

If you put a new SD card in the machine and it asks if you want to reformat it, you can say yes.

Anyway, I think the machine stores in itself detailed data for the most recent 7 days, and would write it onto a new blank card if one is put in the machine. CORRECTION: I just checked. No, only the daily statistics and daily summary data is stored in the machine and will get written onto a blank card.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,971 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 274 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 401 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.