Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN!
Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN!
*sigh*

So I came up with a plan...

Rather than a full-size SD card (which are pretty hard to find in the low-capacity drives we use) I use a 16gb microSD card which is slid into an SD card adapter. So my plan -- I have two adapters. One is write enabled, and goes into the cpap. The other one is write protected, and stays with the computer.

My workflow is to take the SD card out of the machine, and the microSD out of the adapter card, leaving the adapter on the top of the cpap. (Adapter is a Samsung so is gray and white, while the cpap is black on top, so it's obviously not in the machine.) Carry the microSD to the computer, where the second adapter lives and it always has the tab slid over to read-only. Stick the microSD into that adapter, read the card, then take the microSD back to the cpap machine, where it put it back in the first adapter and slide it into the machine.

I know that I'm obsessive-compulsive, but it really pisses me off when I screw this up. If I forget to write-protect the card when sticking it into my computer, my mac will vomit crap all over it. If I forget to write-enable it before sticking it back into the cpap, I lose any data until I fix it. (Sure the front display warns you that the card is write-protected, but I can't read it without my glasses, and even with glasses the panel is at a bad angle if I'm not lying down.)

Does anybody know of any gotchas with this setup? If you just want to make fun of me for being OCD, well, ok, that's fair...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN!
Unless you are using an S9, it doesn't matter if you lock it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN!
Like Crimson Nape said, there is no need to lock the tab. Just quit doing it and use the one card back and forth. I just felt a need to repeat that.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 513 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 698 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 625 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  What to do when I forgot to reinsert SD card MichaelLMiller 12 3,574 02-25-2023, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  air leakshi, I write from Italy. I use a resmed airsense 10 cpap at pressure 13 and a papaste 3 699 02-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: burgess4321
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  How to write/express BiPAP pressure? spetzal 5 640 11-28-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.