Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Format SD Card in ResMed Airsense 11?
Format SD Card in ResMed Airsense 11?
Wow…amazed at the amount of information I’m finding here in this forum!

Being freshly diagnosed with apnea (I believe my sleep study showed about 95%+ of my events are “central” and seems confirmed by the data from CPAP), I’m new to the whole world of apnea. I started using a ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset (pressure range 4-20) with AirFit N30i nasal cradle about three weeks ago. Since starting on CPAP, my AHI has ranged from 6-36 with my three-week average being 17.52).  Right now I’m using the “myAir” app, but it’s pretty lacking in the information it provides me.

Currently in the process of trying to find out the cause (seeing a pulmonologist/sleep doctor later this month to begin that process), but I’m curious to find out more details of my sleep and breathing in the meantime.

Now to my question—I’m hoping to obtain some more detailed info from my CPAP so I bought an SD Card so I can utilize that alongside OSCAR to see what I can find out—is there anything special I need to do, formatting wise, to make the card work with my machine?  Or do I just place the card in its slot and the machine does the rest?

Also—I know the Airsense 11 is newly supported by the OSCAR software, so what data should I expect to be able to retrieve from the machine?!?  I’m kind of hoping for respiratory information.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Format SD Card in ResMed Airsense 11?
If your SD card is 32 GB or small, it should be formatted properly for the AirSense 11. If it is larger, you will need to find a 32 GB or smaller (even 8 GB are getting hard to find).

As for what you will see, on the days the SD card was not in overnight, you will only get settings and summary statistics. To get the detailed flow graphs, the SD card must be in the machine while you sleep.

Currently, OSCAR doesn't handle the time zone setting, so the times displayed may be offset from your local clock.

Lastly, only the Autoset mode is detected properly - fortunately, that is the mode you are using Big Grin

When we see your OSCAR graphs, we can tell you more about what kind of apneas you are having.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pholynyk—this was all good info…thank you!  

The card I bought was a 128 GB card, so I’ll be back on the hunt for a smaller one instead.  Once I get that, I’ll plug it in and see if I can get some OSCAR graphs uploaded.

Your insight is very much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
You should at least try the 128GB card. We don't have a lot of collective experience with the A11 yet, so maybe it works differently?

Try putting the card into the machine and then pop it out and put it on your computer and see what the A11 did with it. If that doesn't work, use your computer to make four 32GB partitions on the card, then put it in -- maybe the machine will see the first partition or last partition as the disk and do its thing?

(If the partition trick works, that brings up the intriguing possibility of using a partition for the machine data, and then another partition where you install OSCAR, and the OSCAR data directories, and some graphs... You can then take your SD card to your doctors office and run OSCAR on the computer that you plug the card into... Heck you could even have the mac and windows and linux versions of the software on different partitions on the SD card.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Watch the screen when putting the card into the AS11 too, that may give you some indication as to whether or not it will work. If it says something along the lines of "preparing the SD card, please wait" then goes back to normal without reporting any errors then that may be a sign that the card will work with the machine. (though I'd still recommend taking it out again once the light stops flashing and the message disappears and checking it on a computer as advised above)

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
I put a newly-formatted 32gb sd card in last night while the machine was powered on; the machine prepared the sd card and went back to normal. I removed the sd card without powering down the machine this morning and checked the data on my PC -- all had recorded properly.

REMEMBER, when you are removing the sd card from your PC, you should "eject" the usb media using the Windows GUI (you can right-click on the USB symbol in the lower-right system tray/task bar). Otherwise you might inadvertently corrupt the card's memory.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, guys!  I got a 32 GB card and had some data from last night, so I figured I'd upload it.  I took three screenshots--two of the general overall and one zoomed in to see flow rate details of a section of centrals.  I'm hoping these will suffice.  If you need something more specific, let me know.

Side note: the machine seems to have formatted the 128 GB card the same as the 32 GB card, and shows files in the "DATALOG" folder of the card for the two nights it was in there, but doesn't pull anything up--not sure if that's a flub on my end or on the card--either way, I'll just use the 32GB.  And you guys were right--when I inserted the card, it gave me a notification that the card was loading.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 07:27 PM)eddie19852004 Wrote: Side note: the machine seems to have formatted the 128 GB card the same as the 32 GB card, and shows files in the "DATALOG" folder of the card for the two nights it was in there, but doesn't pull anything up--not sure if that's a flub on my end or on the card--either way, I'll just use the 32GB.  And you guys were right--when I inserted the card, it gave me a notification that the card was loading.

That's because a 128gb card has a different formatting (exFAT) than a 32gb card (FAT32). Apparently the Airsense 11 can only work with FAT32 when it is engaged in data transfer.

There's really no way you could have formatted a 128gb card in a way that the Airsense 11 could have used it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 08:16 PM)Arroyo Wrote: That's because a 128gb card has a different formatting (exFAT) than a 32gb card (FAT32).  Apparently the Airsense 11 can only work with FAT32 when it is engaged in data transfer.

There's really no way you could have formatted a 128gb card in a way that the Airsense 11 could have used it.
That totally makes sense, Arroyo—thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also—I probably should’ve clarified before I posted the graphs to this group, but…should I start an entirely new thread (apart from formatting the SD card) to have those graphs reviewed—or [was] it kosher to post them to this thread?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 59 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,814 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.