Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Formatting the SD card.
Formatting the SD card.

I bought a used machine (REMstar Auto A-Flex),and am trying to build up the courage to make all the adjustments and whatnot.

Ok,So I need to format the card,and make sure that I erase the previous patients data from the machine.

If I format the SD card,will the machine rewrite the basic operating essentials when reinserted?What I mean is,does the machine have software in place to format the card when it is empty?

Can the Sleepyhead software be installed and operated from a usb memory stick?

Thanks.

SMM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Formatting the SD card.
All your machine stores on the SD card is therapy session data. No machine settings are stored on the card. The machine has firmware that will take care of formatting the SD card should it need to do that.

I never tried running SH from a USB stick but I don't see where it wouldn't work. The USB needs to be at least a 4gb stick to continue copying data there. Keep in mind that on Windows, it does write registry entries and by default uses your documents folder to store the data directory.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information AlanE.

The only reason for running the program from a usb would be portability,but if the data (even part of it) is being written to the computer,it kind of defeats the purpose.Not that running the program on the computer is a problem.

Firmware.That explains it.I figured there had to be some operating software on-board the machine,or else formatting the card would be a big boo boo.

Thanks for the help understanding.

SMM
Post Reply Post Reply
It would only format it if it "felt" it needed to do that. To be more geek, if it didn't recognize the file system format. Most systems today won't do that. This weekend, I'll boot up a VM and install Sleepyhead entirely from a thumb and see if there are any repercussions. The registry doesn't concern me much. It only writes basic info.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Or you could just buy a new 2GB SD card from any computer or camera store.. they are not overly expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2016, 05:17 AM)SierraMadreMe Wrote: I bought a used machine (REMstar Auto A-Flex),and am trying to build up the courage to make all the adjustments and whatnot.

Ok,So I need to format the card,and make sure that I erase the previous patients data from the machine.

If I format the SD card,will the machine rewrite the basic operating essentials when reinserted?What I mean is,does the machine have software in place to format the card when it is empty?

Can the Sleepyhead software be installed and operated from a usb memory stick?

Thanks.

SMM

(10-27-2016, 02:04 PM)AlanE Wrote: All your machine stores on the SD card is therapy session data. No machine settings are stored on the card. The machine has firmware that will take care of formatting the SD card should it need to do that.

I never tried running SH from a USB stick but I don't see where it wouldn't work. The USB needs to be at least a 4gb stick to continue copying data there. Keep in mind that on Windows, it does write registry entries and by default uses your documents folder to store the data directory.

Alan's response is not entirely correct. SD cards in Respironics machines can contain prescription information from the provider. EncorePro is capable of making those instructions, and they can overwrite changes you make in the machine. The safest bet is to either quick format the SD card or format to FAT 32.

To reset the therapy hours and any patient data stored in the machine, you must be in the provider mode, and reset the therapy hours and patient data in the INFO menu. Any therapy changes for yourself are then set in the Setup menus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2016, 10:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Alan's response is not entirely correct. SD cards in Respironics machines can contain prescription information from the provider. EncorePro is capable of making those instructions, and they can overwrite changes you make in the machine. The safest bet is to either quick format the SD card or format to FAT 32.

Just about all modern machines can have prescription information written to the SD card. ResScan will do that for ResMed machines but then the settings are deleted off the card.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 593 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 630 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 538 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR report formatting problem JoeS 6 1,102 11-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: JoeS
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,324 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,560 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Formatting an FHP USB memory stick on OS/X fustbariclation 2 1,226 03-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: woozie38

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.