Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Found a groove w/ settings, posting data for comments pls
Found a groove w/ settings, posting data for comments pls
Ok - so it's been a couple of weeks with an new machine, and a switch to a full face mask and some minor changes.

here's a link to data - I think I'm on the right track. I don't know what a normal leak rate is, but I work hard to have a tight seal. There are few OAs but some CA's which is confusing. Comments/thoughts/opinions and advice all welcome. Thanks for everything

1) two nights ago

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/CalebLo...a%20032017

2) Last night

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/CalebLouie/library/Airsense%20Auto%20Data%20032917
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Found a groove w/ settings, posting data for comments pls
From what I've read, the CA may settle out after a while.

And your AHIs are good.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing that stands out is most of your CA's are occurring when your pressure ramps up. I found that by zeroing in to a tighter pressure range I was able to eliminate my CA's (currently at 9.5-10.5). Your OA and Hypopnea appear to be treated even with your minimum pressure. I would say to try lowering the max pressure maybe 1 cm at a time to see if it helps eliminate the CA events. Other than that things are looking great. Keep up the good work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments - I will try lowering the upper limit a small step at a time. I feel so much better, and am sleeping through the night again. Lots of dreams, which I also assume is a good thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2017, 12:11 PM)gcritchley Wrote: Thanks for the comments - I will try lowering the upper limit a small step at a time. I feel so much better, and am sleeping through the night again. Lots of dreams, which I also assume is a good thing.

REM sleep and dreams is definitely a good thing but something that's even better is a probable increase in delta sleep also know as Stage N3. This is when your body goes through the most recuperative sleep. If you have a copy of your sleep study look to see how much time you spent in N3. If you're like many that suffer from OSA it was either very low or nonexistent. I think there is a definite correlation to how much better your body feels to the increase in N3.

Keep up the good work, it will continue to get even better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Advice on Settings from OSCAR Data mknzy 3 380 01-06-2024, 12:43 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Need Help on Settings - DreamStation - Oscar Data 93celicaconv 2 501 09-15-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,378 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.