Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Found a new way to mess up my CPAP therapy!
Found a new way to mess up my CPAP therapy!
The night before last I stumbled on a new way to mess up my CPAP therapy.

I had filled my humidifier tank with distilled water. Masked up and went to bed. Woke up in the early morning with really dry mouth. Rinsed my mouth and put my chin strap on. Went back to bed and slept until about 8:00 AM. Woke up with mouth a little dry but not too bad. Got up and looked on the dresser next to the bed and lo and behold there was the humidifier tank full of water. Holy dry mouth Batman. Oh-jeez Oops Whistle

Besides my forgetfulness, this happened because I have changed how I handle the humidifier tank during the day. Just thought that my absent mindedness might give someone a chuckle.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Found a new way to mess up my CPAP therapy!
The design of the newer, more modern AirSense 10 line prevents the operation of the machine in cases of that kind of absent mindedness. If it happens again, you should seriously consider the upgrade.

Dielaughing Thanks Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Senior moment?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2016, 01:10 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The night before last I stumbled on a new way to mess up my CPAP therapy.

I had filled my humidifier tank with distilled water. Masked up and went to bed. Woke up in the early morning with really dry mouth. Rinsed my mouth and put my chin strap on. Went back to bed and slept until about 8:00 AM. Woke up with mouth a little dry but not too bad. Got up and looked on the dresser next to the bed and lo and behold there was the humidifier tank full of water. Holy dry mouth Batman. Oh-jeez Oops Whistle

Besides my forgetfulness, this happened because I have changed how I handle the humidifier tank during the day. Just thought that my absent mindedness might give someone a chuckle.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Same type thing happened to me night before last, only my humidifier didn't even make it out of the kitchen - where I fill it with distilled water. And it definitely was a Senior 'moment'.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PaytonA,
Sounds all too familiar, I have done that a couple of times and I haven't changed anything. A few senior moments, for sure, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)
Change is always difficult, better luck tonight.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It did.....chuckle, chuckle.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave the humidifier door open whenever the SD card or the tub is out of the machine. If I turn it on without the lid closed, well, I know it!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, I was just going to post the same. I always leave the humidifier door open. At least I hope I would notice it. Big Grin
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought about that and for short periods of time I do leave the door open to remind myself that there is no tank in the humidifier. I worry a little about what might fall into there leaving it open for extended periods of time. I now take the tank out in the morning and leave it out all day.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I worry about what might crawl into my hose, because I leave it attached to my machine.
Unsure
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.