Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Found a website that does helpful CPAP reviews
Found a website that does helpful CPAP reviews
Hi all,
I found a helpful new website that does CPAP machine, mask, and other CPAP accessories reviews especially helpful for beginners like me, see link:
[commercial link removed - the removed website claims to be a "review" blog, but was really created to sell CPAP masks and other related products - there are products for sale scattered throughout his "reviews" (see my post here)]

Cheers
Steve
PS I hope it is okay to do this - post links to other websites

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
RE: Found a website that does helpful CPAP reviews
Since this is not a commercial site it should be fine.
Thanks

This appears to be a useful site -- maybe because it appears to agree with what I have learned by painful trial and error. Thanks for posting.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
What a great site. Yes it is one person's opinion but he is experienced and unbiased. I have bookmarked it
Interesting Site! Looks good to me but maybe some of the other Monitors will take a look.

Coffee
Please Take Care, Stay Safe and follow the guidelines to Stay Healthy!  Coffee
Nope. The site was created to generate traffic so that he can sell CPAP-related products. He has listings of products to buy (such as the product he just gave a review for) scattered all over the website. Hardly an unbiased "review" site and definitely commercial in nature.

People do this often on the Internet... they masquerade as a friendly site offering "reviews" of products. But then they have options to buy the products (in this case via an Amazon affiliate account) whereby they make money on each sale. I personally have no problem with someone doing that, but it makes the site commercial in nature, in violation of our forum rules against posting many types of commercial links.

This is different than simple Google ads, where the website has no control over which products or services are advertized. With Amazon affiliates like this, the website owner chooses exactly which products are placed for sale on their "review" pages. He's giving a review on a product, then offering that same product for sale (and he makes money off it if you buy it).

No big deal, but I had to remove the link to this commercial website per our rules.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thread closed.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,376 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  ASV Not Helpful? itchy365 2 438 07-21-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: itchy365
  S-11 reviews Bilzer 2 458 05-23-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question New home sleep study device found - Contec RS10, has anybody tested it??? djrem3000 0 790 05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: djrem3000
Rainbow [CPAP] Experiencing hoarse, raspy voice with CPAP. Has anyone found a solution? HaL R 6 3,944 08-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Last Post: HaL R
  CPAP Use Found to Cause Weight Gain? MCS2014 22 4,165 06-18-2022, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.