Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Four days into cpap and can't sleep.
RE: Four days into cpap and can't sleep.
Quote:At a pressure of 8, it's not likely you're having much if any leak issues, but it's also possible your body doesn't feel like it's getting enough air, and you are "fighting" the machine. That being the case, a small increase in the pressures might solve your problems. But first you need to know how well your machine is controlling your apnea where it's at.

My apneas were neutralized at a pressure of 7CM, but my doctor kicked the pressure up to 8CM.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 08:58 AM)Highroller Wrote: Also, from experience can anyone tell me if C flex is going to make a difference with my low pressure of 8CM

(09-22-2014, 09:01 AM)Highroller Wrote: My apneas were neutralized at a pressure of 7CM, but my doctor kicked the pressure up to 8CM.

Don't know. Sounds like you have confidence in your doc, so I'd check there.
Post Reply Post Reply
In regards to watching TV or listening to the radio etc., check out the TV or clock radio, many have an auto-off that you can set for 15-45 minutes. This way when you do fall asleep it won't wake you up again later.

In regards to CFlex it is really only an exhale thing that allows you to exhale easier against the pressure.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 08:58 AM)Highroller Wrote: From night 2 on CPAP I started watching TV or a DVD when I got into bed, I know it isn't ideal or recommended for good sleep hygiene, and I'm the first to acknowledge its not a good habit to get into, but for me it was a distraction and enough of one that it allowed me to get used to using the machine for those first few days to a week and I then found I didn't need it anymore.

If it works - do it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 156 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.