Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Frankenmask - P30i + Philips Respironics Headgear with Arms
RE: Frankenmask - P30i + Philips Respironics Headgear with Arms
Thanks for providing the pictures guys. I took the plunge and ordered the new head gear and have used it for about a week. I didn't have any huge problem with the P30i headgear to begin with, I suspect due to using a chin strap which kind of prevents it from moving around. However I like to tinker so went ahead and bought the Dreamwear with arms and will say it feels better on my head . Having said that I have so far been unable to get the damn thing properly adjusted to minimize leaking. Having said all that, for me at least the cost of $36 was not worth it and will probably not order it again but it was worth a try. As with everything cpap, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. I am one of those who had up to about a year ago done extremely well with cpap. AHI was under one consistently and I felt great. That suddenly changed for some unknown reason and I have struggled mightily over the last year. Can't get more then 4 or 5 hours of decent sleep and numbers are atrocious. I used to have excellent results with the P10 but during the last year can't make that work either so that was why I tried the P30i in the first place.  I always appreciate reading success stories and always willing to try something new in hopes of finding something that works so thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2020, 12:56 PM)TonyJ Wrote: Thanks for providing the pictures guys. I took the plunge and ordered the new head gear and have used it for about a week. I didn't have any huge problem with the P30i headgear to begin with, I suspect due to using a chin strap which kind of prevents it from moving around. However I like to tinker so went ahead and bought the Dreamwear with arms and will say it feels better on my head . Having said that I have so far been unable to get the damn thing properly adjusted to minimize leaking. Having said all that, for me at least the cost of $36 was not worth it and will probably not order it again but it was worth a try. As with everything cpap, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. I am one of those who had up to about a year ago done extremely well with cpap. AHI was under one consistently and I felt great. That suddenly changed for some unknown reason and I have struggled mightily over the last year. Can't get more then 4 or 5 hours of decent sleep and numbers are atrocious. I used to have excellent results with the P10 but during the last year can't make that work either so that was why I tried the P30i in the first place.  I always appreciate reading success stories and always willing to try something new in hopes of finding something that works so thanks again.

It's tough when something that used to work stops working. I was doing fine till coronavirus started, for some reason my ahi grew from 3-4 to 11-13 (almost all central apneas) and I was feeling crappy. I now believe it was at least partly caused by being locked down for months. 
A doctor told me he thought I could be waking up at night (and not knowing about it) not connected to apnea. He prescribed a very small dose of sleeping tablet. I wasn't excited about the idea but figured I might as well try it 
It worked. Ahi is now 2-5, nowhere near what you used to have but enough to make a difference.
I hope you find a solution soon. Don't stop looking.
Post Reply Post Reply
How is this P30i mask+ headgear strap hybrid for side-sleeping? Do the harder portion of the plastic connectors push into the cheeks or dislodge the nasal pillows or result in more air leaks when on your side? Out of curiosity, which chinstrap do you using with this setup?
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
The P30i is fine for side sleeping. I don't think it is as good as the P10 in that regard but that is only my personal opinion. As for the chin strap, I us the Respironics Premium . I think chinstraps are the worst part of treatment. Feels like your head is in a vice all night but unfortunately ffm don't agree with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2020, 01:06 PM)TonyJ Wrote: The P30i is fine for side sleeping. I don't think it is as good as the P10 in that regard but that is only my personal opinion. As for the chin strap, I us the Respironics Premium . I think chinstraps are the worst part of treatment. Feels like your head is in a vice all night but unfortunately ffm don't agree with me.

Chinstraps ain't fun.
However, if you check the product reviews you will see a review of the Knightsbridge Dual Strap. (I've talked too much there.)

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-ChinStrap

Bringing this back on track.  For my own reasons, I wear a nasal mask and a chinstrap because I mouth-breath sometimes.  

I'm very interested in the P30i discussion here; I may try this mask next time. I wore the early Dreamwear mask for quite a while. It didn't work for me because it slid all over my head while I slept. The discussion about the head gear fix really interests me.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2020, 12:56 PM)TonyJ Wrote: Thanks for providing the pictures guys. I took the plunge and ordered the new head gear and have used it for about a week. I didn't have any huge problem with the P30i headgear to begin with, I suspect due to using a chin strap which kind of prevents it from moving around. However I like to tinker so went ahead and bought the Dreamwear with arms and will say it feels better on my head . Having said that I have so far been unable to get the damn thing properly adjusted to minimize leaking. Having said all that, for me at least the cost of $36 was not worth it and will probably not order it again but it was worth a try. As with everything cpap, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. I am one of those who had up to about a year ago done extremely well with cpap. AHI was under one consistently and I felt great. That suddenly changed for some unknown reason and I have struggled mightily over the last year. Can't get more then 4 or 5 hours of decent sleep and numbers are atrocious. I used to have excellent results with the P10 but during the last year can't make that work either so that was why I tried the P30i in the first place.  I always appreciate reading success stories and always willing to try something new in hopes of finding something that works so thanks again.

I find it curious that you had difficulty adjusting the Dreamwear Arm headgear to minimize leaks, as in my personal opinion, it seems to remain seated much better than the P30i headgear, thus stabilizing and minimizing slippage of the frame, lending to a scenario where less leaks would occur. Definitely a YMMV thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2020, 09:20 PM)Bobaloo Wrote: How is this P30i mask+ headgear strap hybrid for side-sleeping? Do the harder portion of the plastic connectors push into the cheeks or dislodge the nasal pillows or result in more air leaks when on your side? Out of curiosity, which chinstrap do you using with this setup?

The standard P30i frame + headgear doesn’t affect me in side sleeping. 

With respect to the hybrid with the Dreamwear Arms headgear, the connections are more located towards the rear of one’s head (away from cheeks), and thus don’t have any affect on the the frame/pillows, except for a better fit in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamwear had a velcro attached strap at the base of my skull.. it didn't hold at all. I used 2 of them with a little success. Last one I bought was about 2 years ago.

Your dreamwear is much improved.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,845 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,212 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,126 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.