Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Frankenmask - P30i + Philips Respironics Headgear with Arms
Frankenmask - P30i + Philips Respironics Headgear with Arms
Mods - If you want this moved to the mask review threads, I understand.  It just didn't feel like it fit that section, as it's not really a "review" per se.

I just wanted to let everyone who may use the ResMed P30i, that the Dreamwear Headgear "with arms" connects with and works perfectly with the P30i frame.  One just needs to tighten up the velcro straps slightly and you're good to go!  Best of both worlds!  I like the diffuser of the P30i better (quieter), and the pillows are about equal to me, but the headgear with arms from the Dreamwear is much better than the ResMed headgear, and it will keep the mask from sliding up on the back of one's head.  Give it a shot! I'm sure you'll agree.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Frankenmask - P30i + Philips Respironics Headgear with Arms
I'm so glad you posted this here! the comments on the P30i have interested me.

I came on line looking for the information that you posted.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2020, 08:42 PM)DaveL Wrote: I'm so glad you posted this here!  the comments on the P30i have interested me.

I came on line looking for the information that you posted.

Haha! No worries! I'm glad someone is finding it useful!!! It really works well by the way.  Been using the combo for a few weeks now. I thought I was an outcast and the only one Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I've modified headgear before.

Dreamwear....slipped around so much I used to wake up to see if it was leaking! I had had several of them (first was ok, then they got worse.) I just used spare parts from the first one to help the second mask I bought. Along the way I had a bump on my nostril; that ended up being surgically removed.

I changed to the N20 and I've had a few of those as well.

I wonder sometimes if my DME tries to sell me what they make the most profit on...

I"ve done this a long time. My take: If I have to wear this crap it had better work!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I've got both the Dreamwear and the P30i so I might try this out. I am finding that the strap that fits around the back the head (is this what you mean by with arms?) has issues with the velcro not holding after a while. The p30i frame and nose pillows are so much better than the Dreamwear so maybe I'll get the best of both worlds.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2020, 07:01 AM)holden4th Wrote: I've got both the Dreamwear and the P30i so I might try this out. I am finding that the strap that fits around the back the head (is this what you mean by with arms?) has issues with the velcro not holding after a while. The p30i frame and nose pillows are so much better than the Dreamwear so maybe I'll get the best of both worlds.

The Dreamwear “headgear with arms” is Dreamwear’s newest version of their headgear for that frame. It has silicone/plastic connectors that attach the headgear to the frame. Just do a quick web search of “Dreamwear headgear with arms’ and you’ll see what I mean. It also comes standard now if you buy the mask kit. It still has a Velcro section for adjustment. It just sits lower on the head which seems to work much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a picture of your creation?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:24 PM)TonyJ Wrote: Can you post a picture of your creation?

Here ya go!

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the p30i with DW straps with arms for months. Love the combination.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip! I may try it. If it makes the experience even a bit more comfortable it will be worth it. The p30i/n30i headgear (which I just bought again) is nothing to write home about. The Dreamwear looks more comfortable. It never occurred to me that I could connect it to the N30i frame....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,820 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,605 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,038 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.