Free or Cheap fun on $5 or less
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Cool Free or Cheap fun on $5 or less
[parts of this thread were copied from the old forum]

Well, times are tough, but the weekend is on it's way. Can't afford those expensive tickets to the movie theater, baseball game, concert or a steak dinner at a fancy restaurant?

What do you do, skip out on having fun, or make do with the pocket change you have?

Let us know what you're doing this weekend or have done in the past that has been fun and cheap (and cost you less than $5 per person)!

I'll start off -

My wife and I like to go to the local Burger King every once in a while. We order off the "dollar menu" - each of us gets two items (usually a dollar sandwich & side salad) plus one small drink (we share and refill, and refill...) :lick-lips: We take along our small wooden magnetic chess board and discuss the week's adventures over a stimulating (but less than professional) game, sometimes best of three. We sit in the atrium area where it feels more like you're outside. It's especially wonderful on a cold winter day looking out at a winter wonderland, or on a hot steamy summer night, as we're comforted by BK's free air conditioning.

Cost us both a bit over $5 (about $2.50 plus tax each)... but it's relaxing and I get to spend time with my best friend. Oh, and sometimes I splurge and get a small coffee with 4 half-n-half creams.. Coffee

So, how about you?

Wave

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

02-29-2012 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

RE: Free or Cheap fun on $5 or less
Ltmedic66 Wrote:We live about 45 minutes from the east coast of Florida and about 1.5 hours to the west coast (better beaches, warmer water). While nothing is better than getting a beach front room, we sometime pack a cooler and drive on out to the beach for the afternoon, then return home. Lunch, drinks, and entertainment for the family- total cost for the stuff in the cooler is around $10.

Of course, these days once you factor in gas, we might be pushing the $5 per person limit...
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

JudgeMental Wrote:Yep, times are tough and going to get tougher, I suspect. It's not supposed to be that way. Thumbs-down-1

Unfortunately, :apology2: the price of gasoline has put a damper on some of our beloved activities. We are ..oops, were.. roamers on the weekends. Just get in the car/suv and drive somewhere we've never been or haven't been in a long time.

I guess its the flea-market thing again this weekend. Yawn!! Hey its cheap..free. A great place to people-watch. We love to count the number of guys holding on to a logging chain with a pit-bull dog on the end. Saying>>"My dog is meaner then your dog.".. :tongue-out:

And yes, SupperSleeper, it will probably be a $.99 jr. bacon cheeseburger at the Burger King on the way home..with the change going for a lottery ticket,, "Ya gotta have a dream"... All under 5 bucks. ea.

Have a great week-end everybody!!!!

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Steven Wrote:
Ltmedic66,(time=1305248083) Wrote:We live about 45 minutes from the east coast of Florida and about 1.5 hours to the west coast (better beaches, warmer water).
A friend of mine used to live in Florida.

He had a condo on the Indian River directly across from Cape Canaveral / Cape Kennedy (what is it called today?).

We were there one night & were awakened around midnight when the sky lit up as though it were high noon. Apparently they do secret launches at those times.

The locals seemed to take it in stride because the cars on the highway we could see from the condo had all stopped & everyone was standing outside of their cars looking up.

I agree that the Gulf beaches are much better. Destin, Sand Destin, & Panama City are some we have been to.
I have been to Coco (?) beach on the Atlantic side only because that was where "Jeannie" lived, but I was not that impressed. We also went there because we had never been to the Atlantic before that.
Then we saw the Atlantic again when we went to Nova Scotia in Canada. Now that is the way to see the Atlantic.

A client of mine bought a Condo as an investment in 2010 in Sand Destin that he rents out.
Bought it just before the oil spill. Great timing, wasn't it?
He has already been compensated by BP for another Condo he owns in Destin & is awaiting the compensation on this one.
02-29-2012 12:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Still want Windows 10 for free? AlanE 1 220 09-23-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Barber gives free haircuts to kid who read to him GrammaBear 3 258 08-27-2016 02:30 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Free Fax Software for Win 8.1 me50 14 670 05-13-2016 12:44 AM
Last Post: me50
  [How to] How to Avoid Installing Junk Programs When Downloading Free Software SuperSleeper 2 1,291 01-18-2014 01:20 PM
Last Post: ChadIAm
Idea Life on the Cheap SuperSleeper 5 2,336 01-17-2013 12:12 PM
Last Post: Ugly