Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Friend's Respironics: What *IS* This Thing?
Friend's Respironics: What *IS* This Thing?
I'm a pretty smart guy, but I cannot decode Respironics gobbledygook. They have about 750 different models, and series, and This-Flex and That.

He just got it new two months ago. Top says:

REMStar Auto A-Flex

No series mentioned.

A-Flex = Respironics brand of exhalation relief -- got that.
REMStar -- meaning data capable?

The big question: does Auto mean APAP?

Which clinician setup manual does he need?
Hard to tell because the ones listed all say "M Series".

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Friend's Respironics: What *IS* This Thing?
If its brand new, its probably the System One. Model number should be on the bottom of it.

Here is the system One clinician manual:

[link removed]

Per Apnea Board Rules, links to commercial sites are not allowed. I could not directly tell if the site was indeed commercial, however, it was to a durable medical equipment supplier.

In addition, manuals and clinician manuals are already available through the forum.

Thank you for understanding. - Moderator
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Tabbycat' pid='67063' dateline='1398562880']
I'm a pretty smart guy, but I cannot decode Respironics gobbledygook. They have about 750 different models, and series, and This-Flex and That.

He just got it new two months ago. Top says:

REMStar Auto A-Flex

No series mentioned.

A-Flex = Respironics brand of exhalation relief -- got that.
REMStar -- meaning data capable?

The big question: does Auto mean APAP?

Which clinician setup manual does he need?
Hard to tell because the ones listed all say "M Series".

There is a auto A flex M series and yes it is a apap . It came out just before the system one 50 series platform. I have one under the bunk of my Freightliner for the times I can't get home to my PR750. Not too bad a machine, other than it uses a smart card and requires a smart card reader from Respironics and Encore software to read it. Not sure what all data it records other than compliance data? Never had a reader for it. Found it to be just as comfortable as the PR 550 auto that I used to use. If it is a M series it's not a new machine, maybe new to him. Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
As eluded to above, you need to look at the bottom (remove water tank first) of the unit and see what the model number is.
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, it is definitely an Auto-CPAP device. If it is the latest System One 60 Series unit (DS560), it is the Philips-Respironics equivalent of your S9 AutoSet. Both are excellent machines, and both are data-capable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 08:41 PM)Tabbycat Wrote: I'm a pretty smart guy, but I cannot decode Respironics gobbledygook.

That's a popular marketing strategy. Car manufacturers do the same thing. Offer such a dizzying array of models and features that the consumer will give in and go with whatever the salesman wants.

And yes, the durable medical equipment providers (DME) have the same or worse reputation among apnea sufferers as used car salesmen have among the general population.

They can't be trusted.

Go to our supplier list.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Visit the website of Supplier #1 and look at the various models to see if you can identify it that way. Likely you'll find that it's a PRS1 (Philips Respironics System One). Not knowing that is the cause of the confusion you're having getting the correct manual. I had the same problem.

And the model number is likely 560. The first digit tells us it's an auto-adjusting CPAP machine, or APAP. The second digit tells us it's one of the newer 60 Series machines.

Don't forget to remove or empty the water tank before you flip the machine upside down to read the model number. Laugh-a-lot

REMstar simply means it's not a BiPAP.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 323 Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 270 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with oscar data for a friend airwaystent 0 202 02-20-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 873 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,745 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.