Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

From Autoset to Aircurve Vauto. Question for my first night.
RE: From Autoset to Aircurve Vauto. Question for my first night.
Killer deal on a great machine. I feel pretty optimistic you will find it to be a good investment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider!!  I knew you be here sooner or later, and as always thank you. 
          I remember you telling me I need BiPAP due to the persistent flow limitation and more PS would help that.  That’s why I got the Aircurve.  And at a super deal too.  Only 200 hours for 350 bucks on offer up.  It’s a great app with a lot of CPAP machines people are selling if you would like to let people know.  
          I’m gonna set it up to your, and Fred’s suggestions and keep my fingers crossed.  I’ll post chart tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  LOL

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there anything an Autoset can do that the VAuto CAN’T do? It seems like the VAuto is a little more straightforward and more capable, and can be set to mimic Autoset operation if desired. Are there any drawbacks/tradeoffs besides price and different terminology IF set appropriately?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2019, 11:15 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: Is there anything an Autoset can do that the VAuto CAN’T do? It seems like the VAuto is a little more straightforward and more capable, and can be set to mimic Autoset operation if desired. Are there any drawbacks/tradeoffs besides price and different terminology IF set appropriately?

No drawback except the price.

If you want an electrical analogy because I think you are working in this domain. An Autoset is like a DC source while the VAuto is like an AC source. The Autoset can only reduce your airways resistance but can't assist your lungs in breathing like the VAuto can (if you don't consider the EPR setting).
Post Reply Post Reply
Afternoon Sleeprider.  Fred Bonjour, you invited to the party too.  LOL   Exactly.  I'm still pinching myself thinking I'm dreaming on getting it for 350 bucks.  I got the Autoset for 225 with only about 1500 hours on it, before the Aircurve, which I thought was a great deal too.  The Aircurve was an even better deal.  Like you said a killer deal.
                       I'm gonna post last nights, first night, below, but before you look at it, I want to see if my "analysis" is right.  Fingers crossed.  LOL  The last grouping of obstructives are grouped really close together, so they are most likely from chin tucking, so throw those out.  I do wear The eliminator sleep collar, so it may have kind of turned on me and allowed me to tuck my chin.  The first two groupings I'm not sure about, because they are not as close as the last grouping of obstructives.  So far I'm thinking leave EPAP the same tonight and see if I can get the chin tucking fixed.  EPAP is for obstructives right?  Or do I increase EPAP to 12 which is the med pressure for the night?
                        As far as IPAP, it never went over 20, so leave that setting the same.  IPAP is for hypopneas (?), and there's only one, so not much to worry about, and like I said IPAP never went over 20.
                        My flow limitations decreased quite a bit compared to the Autoset, but there are still some flow limitations, and from what I've learned they are best "fixed" by pressure support.  Should I increase my pressure support to 5 or 6 tonight?  Right now it's set at 4.
                        My Ti min and T max are set at the defaults of medium, and don't totally understand that setting.  I know WHAT it does, but don't know how it pertains to helping with apneas or flow limitations.  That's next on my list to get a grip on.
                        Ok, now you guys can look at my chart.  LOL.  How did I do?  I think I'm finally getting a grip on the different settings, what they're for or going to help with, but not totally comfortable making adjustments without some input from you guys.  Hopefully that will come in time.
                         As always, thank you so much for your guys input and help!!!!

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry guys. First time I posted it was the wrong screenshot. I updated it though.
Post Reply Post Reply
A 1.79? Me says pretty good. How did you feel today?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go. . . . 

Quote:The last grouping of obstructives are grouped really close together, so they are most likely from chin tucking, so throw those out
All 3 groups contribute to the indication of chin tucking.  That level of tucking (your AHI is under 2) I would suggest watching vs treating, but since you are already treating see if you can correct it, but don't go nuts doing it.  I see no reason to treat a minor amount of chin tucking and add another piece of equipment for a minimal amount of gain.

Quote: EPAP is for obstructives right? 
Yes, it is what provides the primary splint for obstructive apneas.  

Quote:Or do I increase EPAP to 12 which is the med pressure for the night?
No.  Look at the cause of the pressure increase.  Each of the OS "clusters" caused an increase in pressure.  Eliminate the chin tucking and you eliminate the need for a higher EPAP.  I believe that you may be able to lower your EPAP based on the very low OA.

The last pressure increase was caused by flow limitations.  

Quote:As far as IPAP, it never went over 20, so leave that setting the same.  IPAP is for hypopneas (?), and there's only one, so not much to worry about, and like I said IPAP never went over 20.
PS is for Flow Limitations, RERAs, and Hypopneas.  IPAP = EPAP + PS so they are related.  Your IPAP (Pressure) maxed at 19.42 thus you are OK leaving it at 20 or boosting it higher.

Quote:My flow limitations decreased quite a bit compared to the Autoset, but there are still some flow limitations, and from what I've learned they are best "fixed" by pressure support.  Should I increase my pressure support to 5 or 6 tonight?  Right now it's set at 4.
The issue with Flow limits is are they bothering you?  If you had RERAs (multiple) I would work on lowering them.  If they are continually increasing pressure I would work on reducing them. If they are not bothering you, and I do not see enough in the charts, I would leave them alone.  That means leave them at 4.  Review of additional charts may indicate a need to reduce them.  Yours are likely on the edge.

Quote:My Ti min and T max are set at the defaults of medium, and don't totally understand that setting.  I know WHAT it does, but don't know how it pertains to helping with apneas or flow limitations.  That's next on my list to get a grip on.
Timing is used to adjust the machine to your breathing rate, see the clinician manual, there is a table with recommendations for different breathing rates, so if your breathing is either very slow or very fast you would adjust these.  When they are grossly miss-set they can show as flow limitations.  The user usually complains that the machine is not letting them inhale or exhale completely usually indicates a need to investigate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave.  I felt OK, but just ok.  Not fatigued, like I was before starting PAP, but not quite get up and go start my day.  I find that even though my AHI may show a good number, I'm more affected by even a "good" number that may be up in the high 1's or higher.  Don't know why, and maybe there is something else going on besides my sleep apnea.  I've got a doc appointment on Wednesday and am gonna bring it up to him.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I just replaced the foam in my Eliminator with buckwheat hulls ....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 318 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 211 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.